DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i am working on a little project and i need some help. I know it exists in some way . i just dont know what to call it or how do search for it, but i am looking for an elctronic device to hook up to one or more speakers at about 50w RMS per channel. the only thing the device needs to do is hold a solid tone and be able to adjust the frequency up or down as i please...
Pleas help me pin point this product, as i dont even know what to call it so i can try to search for it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
"Function Generator"
But you won't find one that puts out 50w. Your best bet is to download a function generator application or program and use an amplifier.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Or a tone generator, which I have 3 different ones on my android phone...

RTA too, though it's not super accurate in the high and low ranges...

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
MCM used to have a little one for testing stuff. I think all of them are line level you would have to run it into an amp. Yeah likely you can find phone apps unless you have an old phone like I do that actually only does phone calls lol. Maybe one day everything will be LTE and none of these phones will work anymore.

Or of course you can do it the old school way and play a tone CD or USB through whatever.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you've got an Android smart-phone, you can try this app from Android market.
It's called SoundForm. Another one is called RadonSoft Signal Generator.
Both allow you to dial in the desired frequency. Run an adaptor cable from your earphone jack to RCA, & connect to the amplifier of your choice.
If you're a glutton for punishment, you could always build one based on an
astable 555 IC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts