DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SS Reference 200, 300, (2) Class A 6.0 and a Phoenix Gold ZX500

3 way with midbass in back doors and 2 JLw6 oldschool.

Tell me how yall would set it up. (as far as amps)

Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have a MS-8 for processing. I will def look for that thread when I get a minute. Thanks for the heads up.

What Im thinking as of now. In a 99 Tahoe:

Tweets: XT25 / Ref 200 - Upper door stock

Mids: HAT L6 / Class A 6.0 - Lower door stock

Midbass: Focal KBE 165 / Ref 300 - Bottom front corner of rear doors stock

Subs: (2) 12w6 at 1.5 ohm mono or 3 ohm x2 / Phoenix Gold ZX500

Processing: MS-8

Headunit. CDA-117

Leftovers: JL 300/2, Ref 200. (the second 6.0 fell through)

My two main points of confussion are; should I use the 6.0 or ZX500 for the subs. And if I use the ZX500. Should I use the 6.0 for mids or midbass with the 300 powering the other.

I know my rear door positioning for midbass isn't the best but I do a lot of traveling for my job and really need as stealth of an install as possible so I am not replacing windshields and equipment every couple of months. Im hoping with the help of the MS-8 I can pull it off.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't mind would you go into a little detail on why you would set it up this way? I am wanting to learn everything I can before I start the actual install =)

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
Actually I'll revise the list and explain.

You lack a sub amp. Sell what you don't use and buy an amp capable of 1000W at 1ohm.

JL 300/2 on midbass, the most power at 4ohms.

ZX500 on midrange, plenty of power.

Ref 300 on the tweeters, just because it has more power than the A 6.0.

I don't know an awful lot about the real world power or of the soundstream amps, but since you are not using them at low impedance and not bridged then I doubt it makes much difference between the 300 and A6.0. And which one has better sound reproduction, again I would make a guess they will both be plenty good.

EDITED, so re-read.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man and I thought car audio would be a breeze compared to my daily job as a network engineer lol

and thanks for taking the time to help out. I really appreciate yall on DIYMA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.