DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got a working speaker correction setup, but I wanna change to a setup with per-speaker convolution with easy ability to switch presets.

My current setup is using the convolver in viper4android, but it's annoying to have two possible things to switch when toggling listening postion/head height -- manually selecting an impulse response file on the phone and switching a dsp.

I'm not seeing a whole ton of hardware boxes that will support 8+ output channels with separate impulse reponse files for convolution. I guess something like an acoustic power lab apl1012 would work, but is that it?

Is anyone making a non-discontinued DSP-like module that would do that? I've got a random raspberry pi, I could jerry-rig something up with jamesdsp or jconvolver and a sound card if nothing else.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The application is that I generate impulse response files using my drc-fir based toolchain. I want to apply those impulse response files to each output channel.

Dirac Live doesn't look like what I want because it is an internet-enabled toolkit to generate those impulse files and apply them? I don't necessarily have internet where I'm tuning, so per the manual dirac live may not even work since it requires a connection to their servers. I don't want the dirac live measurement and filter generation process, since that's redundant, I just want the part where I upload .wav/.irs files into a DSP module.

The OpenDRC-DA8 is closer to what I want, but it's discontinued, so that's out since you can't buy a new one, and per the manual it only supports 9,400 taps at most, and over the past decade or so of generating filters, I've been opting for around 32,000 to 65,536 taps.

· Registered
620 Posts
What about a Raspberry PI 4 with AroioOS? With the correct "soundcard" (multichannel DAC) it can support 8 channels of output with convolution on every channel and a convolution over all the channels afterwards (with the right software to generate the FIR IR files).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.