DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showpost.php?p=1566540453&postcount=1

Basically he takes a bent piece of pipe and welds it in. While the workmanship is nice... $600? Most places do this for $150 for titanium mufflers.

Even crazier, is his offer to do it to the steel ones for $425.

I had mine done for $40. That's right - forty bucks - at a regular muffler shop.

And it sounds like total ass. While it rips nicely at wot, at idle it sounds like marbles in a can made it with a john deere tractor.

Some people have more money than sense.

Don't even get me started on the chrome plated screw kits that vendors buy for $3.99 at home depot, then resell for $40 by the truckloads to corvette owners, and claim they are "killing hte corvette tax" in the process.

Foolishness.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
you should link them to that website that sells bags of rocks to put on speakerwires and other useless shit for dumb people;)

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Yeah, them Vette owners, a silly bunch they are...

·
Registered
455 Posts
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showpost.php?p=1566540453&postcount=1

Basically he takes a bent piece of pipe and welds it in. While the workmanship is nice... $600? Most places do this for $150 for titanium mufflers.

Even crazier, is his offer to do it to the steel ones for $425.

I had mine done for $40. That's right - forty bucks - at a regular muffler shop.

And it sounds like total ass. While it rips nicely at wot, at idle it sounds like marbles in a can made it with a john deere tractor.

Some people have more money than sense.

Don't even get me started on the chrome plated screw kits that vendors buy for $3.99 at home depot, then resell for $40 by the truckloads to corvette owners, and claim they are "killing hte corvette tax" in the process.

Foolishness.
You get what you pay for.:p:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,571 Posts

Foolishness.
So you are saying that it "APPEARS" to be identical, but for much less ;).

why not take yours to him and ask if he can make it better ?

Perhaps hear one of his mods and see if it is in fact, just what you have experienced ?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
^wow....fucking cool......I totally just labeled myself and I don't care. My childhood was awesome
I'm just playin homie...

I like all forms of transport...

·
Registered
983 Posts
I drove a C6 Z06 for the first time today. Holy mother of god was it fast.

And the ride wasn't nearly as bad as I had been led to believe. It felt great around town, but it was an 08 - maybe they changed it.

Anyway, anyone who spends $600 on a little piece of metal and some welding is an idiot, regardless of the kind of car they drive.

·
Registered
455 Posts

And the ride wasn't nearly as bad as I had been led to believe. It felt great around town, but it was an 08 - maybe they changed it.

Anyway, anyone who spends $600 on a little piece of metal and some welding is an idiot, regardless of the kind of car they drive.
They can get away with it because it's hard to find people that can/will weld titanium. I haven't checked it out, but hear bicycle shops are the best bet.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
They can get away with it because it's hard to find people that can/will weld titanium. I haven't checked it out, but hear bicycle shops are the best bet.
You could adapt the thoughts some have [ why modify something that is designed so perfectly :p ].

MOD IT !!!!;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
You could adapt the thoughts some have [ why modify something that is designed so perfectly :p ].

MOD IT !!!!;)
Perfect design to what standards?

Workin' on the system, now. When that's at an acceptable level, we'll wake 'er up a little.;)

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Perfect design to what standards?

Workin' on the system, now. When that's at an acceptable level, we'll wake 'er up a little.;)
You and i know that it is merely a cost effective offering ;)

I have seen people post where they thought things were designed to be "The Be All and End All":D

and then ask: why would you modify it ?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

They have 0% financing on 08 z06s right now.

I'm staying FAR Away from chevy dealers for a while.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts