DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
u can use those in your car, cant u? i plan on running a 3 way active set up with a single sub in the back. i will have an amp channel for each speaker. would it be better to use the deq2496 or the dcx2496 in my application?

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
DEQ is an EQ, DCX is a loudspeaker processor, You will want to start with the DCX then DEQ later linked via the digital ins and outs :)

BUT, the DCX has a lot of EQ available and after tuning you probably will not need the DEQ unless you do a lot of EQ changes... I'm a "set it and forget it" type of guy once I get it the way I want it.

Chad

·
Registered
115 Posts
ok, now for the tricky part, for me at least. I am going to have a 3 way setup up front, coaxials for the rear doors, and 2 subs in the back. how many sets of interconnects am i going to need and also how does the dcx2496 communicate with my head unit? Will i plug the interconnects from the amp directly into the dcx2496 or do they still go to the head unit? i guess i need a quick wiring schematic of how everything will be plugged in and also what type of wiring i will need. thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.