·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doge Neon

HU - Alpine CDE-172BT

Front Stage :

8" Beyma 8G40-4 in doors

Midrange and tweeters still to be decided. 3.5" Pioneer bullet tweeters in dash atm.

Sound Treatment:

Spectrum Sound Deadner sprayed on undercarriage

Front Doors treated thoroughly. Sealed and deadened as good as possible.

Car floor and trunk will be deadened and get CCF/MLV treatment.

Electrical:

Aftermarket 200 amp alternator

2 runs of 2/0 Royal Excelene welding wire run from hood to trunk

Big 3 with 2/0 Royal Excelene welding wire

At least 1 more battery will be mounted in the trunk area.

Amplifiers:

(2) PPI 140x4. The Beyma 8's will be running bridged off one and the midrange and tweeters off the other one.

Sundown SFB-3000D for the sub.

Goals:

Its a daily driver. Sound Quality Loud is the general goal.

Secondary goal would be for the sub to hit lows with authority.

Ideal situation for me would be if I can leave a 6" section on side of trunk open that I can still push long things through the pass through (corner bead, 2x4's, paint pole, etc.)

Questions:

Need help with choosing the right orientation for sub and port in a standard ported enclosure... position of box in trunk as well.

***If both firing to the rear, how much space do I really need between sub/port and rear of trunk?

***Is there a situation that could work where I build all the way to rear of trunk and have sub firing sideways into corner of trunk where there is a cutout with some space there? Maybe the port would fire up into the lid in this situation?

***Maybe downfiring sub into empty spare tire well is option?

If pic doesnt load, dimensions are...
19"h x 24"d x 26"w. Or try this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14sxbMoLyVKL5f3-p9g-oUGAp3-RWikhB/view?usp=drivesdk

The pic below shows dimensions that I could work with and totals close to 7 cubes gross. My problem is if my box and port is firing to the rear, I think the box should be pulled 6"-12" off the rear wall to give some space for it to fire into.

If I subtract 12" from this depth, I only have a box that's 12" deep about 3.4 cubes gross... (gross). I'd really like to hit close to 4 cubes net on this build so I could get a 15" ZCON in there. I'm fine with building in the trunk.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts