DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that theres plenty of counterfeit Hertz products being sold online. I understand if I puchased product X (or under the impression that I did) and was given anything other than, I would be upset. But, here is where my question comes into play. Has anyone ever tested them? If it is hard to determine differences between one another, they may be similar in sound reproduction as well. I know that is a bold hypothesis because there is so many variables in play. I am curious to know if anyone has purchased any 'seemingly sketchy' or 'too good to be true' Hertz products, and what your opinions were on the matter. Or maybe any Hertz dealers can weigh in on the subject.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
that would be like buying a honda and then be given the keys to a hyundai. even if they both perform similar, its not what you bought.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think I remember reading somewhere someone purchased fake HSK's and they sounded vastly different from the HSK's he had or had heard.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Best advice, stay FAR AWAY from making a purchase on Hertz Speakers in general. Authorized dealers may receive them via distribution without actually knowing. Also, these dealers may opt to buy the Clones & righteously reseller under full warranty as authorized.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Best advice, stay FAR AWAY from making a purchase on Hertz Speakers in general. Authorized dealers may receive them via distribution without actually knowing. Also, these dealers may opt to buy the Clones & righteously reseller under full warranty as authorized.
I couldn't Agree more, there are many other comparable speakers for the money if not better for the price, without the need to worry about the legitimacy of the product.

IMO of course.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
that would be like buying a honda and then be given the keys to a hyundai. even if they both perform similar, its not what you bought.

This and all the other posts are completely missing the point from the OP.

Simply, how do the fakes test and sound?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I couldn't Agree more, there are many other comparable speakers for the money if not better for the price, without the need to worry about the legitimacy of the product.

IMO of course.
Value is one discussion and subject to personal opinion- as far as questionimg the legitimacy of authentic product bought from an authorized dealer in the US is ridiculous. Elettromedia is relentless on controlling distribution in the States for that very reason..... I believe you need to revisit what you mean by "authorized" dealer in the quoted statement keeping in mind that there are NO authorized resellers online.

·
Registered
834 Posts
MB Quart stated that SonicElectronix and OnlineCarStereo and both Authorized Dealers for them. So I would assume all of Maxxsonics for those sites. Just saying.

You're going to be hard pressed to find someone that has fakes and the real deal. Just do a quick search and see what comes up. I would HIGHLY doubt that fakes sound as good as the real deal. I would think they're made to "look" like the real deal...not "sound" like the real deal

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ugh, this is not what I intended the thread to be. Hell, this thread could talk about knock-off Rolex's. Yes everyone is aware of their existance, and yes we all know they are not the same as the real deal. I would just like to know if anyone has any experience with the counterfeit Hertz products.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
This and all the other posts are completely missing the point from the OP.

Simply, how do the fakes test and sound?
by buying them you are legitimizing the clones business. I would say we leave that one a mystery and move on. if they want to be a speaker manufacturer they can come up with thier own brand name and market thier own stuff. its the mere principal of the thing that bothers me.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I have a pair of fake (malaysian hertz) ml 28 tweeters, that I would be willing to have compared/tested to the real deal.
Let me know

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
by buying them you are legitimizing the clones business. I would say we leave that one a mystery and move on. if they want to be a speaker manufacturer they can come up with thier own brand name and market thier own stuff. its the mere principal of the thing that bothers me.
Valid point. I would never knowingly by a counterfeit item and do not want to support it.

How ever I was just pointing out that no one was answering the OP's question. If your response above was your first post I would say thread over!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Best advice, stay FAR AWAY from making a purchase on Hertz Speakers in general. Authorized dealers may receive them via distribution without actually knowing.
This is completely untrue. Hertz speakers aren't in distributors. If the dealer is authorized, they get them through Elettromedia USA directly. An authorized dealer will never accidentally buy counterfeit product.

As mentioned earlier, if they are being sold online, they either aren't authorized, or won't be for long. Go to Elettromedia USA - U.S. Distributor of Elettromedia Italy - Where the finest in car audio resides and search for a dealer close to you if you don't already have one that you can trust.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
The issue is, hertz real speakers are subject to hours and hours of voicing to make sure the speakers and crossovers perform to a high level. The fake speakers are just built to LOOK like the real ones. No effort put into voicing.

Like buying a fake Ferrari build from a fiero base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
The issue is, hertz real speakers are subject to hours and hours of voicing to make sure the speakers and crossovers perform to a high level. The fake speakers are just built to LOOK like the real ones. No effort put into voicing.

Like buying a fake Ferrari build from a fiero base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you read about the voicing? Please post a link. I'd like to read about it - and know if each lines are concerned...

Kelvin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts