DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Counterfeit Hertz

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  subwoofery 
#1 ·
It seems that theres plenty of counterfeit Hertz products being sold online. I understand if I puchased product X (or under the impression that I did) and was given anything other than, I would be upset. But, here is where my question comes into play. Has anyone ever tested them? If it is hard to determine differences between one another, they may be similar in sound reproduction as well. I know that is a bold hypothesis because there is so many variables in play. I am curious to know if anyone has purchased any 'seemingly sketchy' or 'too good to be true' Hertz products, and what your opinions were on the matter. Or maybe any Hertz dealers can weigh in on the subject.

#3 ·
I think I remember reading somewhere someone purchased fake HSK's and they sounded vastly different from the HSK's he had or had heard.

#10 ·
MB Quart stated that SonicElectronix and OnlineCarStereo and both Authorized Dealers for them. So I would assume all of Maxxsonics for those sites. Just saying.

You're going to be hard pressed to find someone that has fakes and the real deal. Just do a quick search and see what comes up. I would HIGHLY doubt that fakes sound as good as the real deal. I would think they're made to "look" like the real deal...not "sound" like the real deal

#11 ·
Ugh, this is not what I intended the thread to be. Hell, this thread could talk about knock-off Rolex's. Yes everyone is aware of their existance, and yes we all know they are not the same as the real deal. I would just like to know if anyone has any experience with the counterfeit Hertz products.

#19 ·
The issue is, hertz real speakers are subject to hours and hours of voicing to make sure the speakers and crossovers perform to a high level. The fake speakers are just built to LOOK like the real ones. No effort put into voicing.

Like buying a fake Ferrari build from a fiero base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.