DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the lousy manual written by Alpine I have a couple questions. I use the RUX controller and have the same settings programmed into all 6 presets. Everytime I re-power the system it boots with some default setting and I have to select a memory preset button to load up my settings. Is this normal?

Also, with my settings and the display set to the spectrum analyzer mode, very few of the bars even show up above the baseline. They look pretty normal when the unit first boots prior to my selecting my program. No idea on this one.

According to the manual, I should be using the rotary knob to scroll through different options in the xover/EQ etc screens. Nope, have to scroll around with the change and enter buttons. Doesn't seem right.

Man, this manual isn't worth a crap. Any thoughts?

·
18,698 Posts
memory: sounds like you don't have your constant memory power wire hooked up to constant power source.

display: what's the volume on the c701 at? seems to me you may just have it low. my guess would be that the display 'output' would increase with volume, too.

yea, you have to use the buttons a whole lot.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bikin. Looks like the power wire I used is switched instead of constant 12v. I will keep looking for a way to increase the volume at the C701.

A$$hole, thanks for the link. It supplied exactly zero information, just like it did when I googled before asking questions here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts