DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Seem like a nice handy set to have around. I have been using some older tools and they are just a pain to get set up right. I remember having a nightmare trying to cut rings for subs...

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I have a similar Craftsman circle jig, but after buying my Jasper Jig from Parts Express, I'll never go back.

One of my friends pointed out that the VariJig might be made of plastic, and what he noticed was that if your bearing binds up and builds up any kind of heat it will mess up the edge of the plastic guide.

There was a similar tool called a "Fukuda Jig" after Mark Fukuda, and I believe there are still a couple places that have them made of metal.

Jay

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I have a similar Craftsman circle jig, but after buying my Jasper Jig from Parts Express, I'll never go back.

Jay
Thats funny since I almost tossed out my Craftsman circle guide when I bought my Jasper.

When my router and JAsper guide were stolen I of course started using my CRAftsman again and I prefer the infinite adjustability over the pin/select the hole method of the Jasper.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats funny since I almost tossed out my Craftsman circle guide when I bought my Jasper.

When my router and JAsper guide were stolen I of course started using my CRAftsman again and I prefer the infinite adjustability over the pin/select the hole method of the Jasper.
The nice thing about the jasper is that you can write down at what size you made the hole, and make a perfect replica of it and not be off at all..
Once you adjust that craftsman jig there is no way to get it back to the same exact measurement as before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts