DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The amp I'm going to use does 380 wrms x 2 when bridged @ 4 ohms. Is this going to be too much for the new Peerless subs? With this much power, what kind of airspace should I build a box to? keep in mind, these will be inside the cab of my truck, sitting right behind me.

Should I have them pointed up, towards my back, or at a 45 degree angle facing forward?

And I'm talking about a sealed enclosure.

Thanks alot :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
aiming is up to you.

try all different positions out ;)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ I wish I could do that, but I'm having this box built custom, and unfortunately I can't try different directions beforehand. I gotta think it all out, then design it with the amp rack in mind too :eek:

·
Registered
531 Posts
i've never really liked a sub facing forward....like....ever.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that actually does help alot. I think it would probably be best pointed straight up. That's how rick had his subs pointed in his Tacoma install.

So any rec's on airspace with this amount of power?

Can this sub even handle that much power(I think so)

Help ! :D

Thanks

·
Registered
578 Posts
You shold be fine power wise... just make sure you set your gains right... you do that right & power is almost never a problem.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Am I overlooking something that has already been discussed? NPDang, I think I've read you use 1 cu ft per sub. Should I do with the same size or bigger because it is in cab.

Or does it depend on what type of sound I am trying to get? Unfortunately, I can't try out different sizes, so I kind of need to have some direction in which way to go, then call up Marv and have him build it.

Thanks. :D

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I used 1cft because that's just what I happened to have on hand. Box size doesn't really matter that much if you have an eq, and know how to use it. I'd probably do something like 1.5cft with 1lb of fill, and start from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts