DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know this is a SQ no-no, but if you HAD to run rear speakers, what would do the best job of giving good SQ for the occasional rear seat passenger, but not interfering with the front stage? What's your pick?

Could be either a comp. set or a coax, from 6.5" round to 6x9, or any other type of full range speaker, there doesn't seem to be much that impresses me in this segment of car audio, so any suggestions are welcome!

Also, on a side note, has anyone ever auditioned the AVI BSM 6.5" comp. set? Reviews? It's not a DIY kit, but I've heard lots of great things about this comp. set......

·
Registered
375 Posts
xencloud said:
Hey all, I know this is a SQ no-no, but if you HAD to run rear speakers, what would do the best job of giving good SQ for the occasional rear seat passenger, but not interfering with the front stage? What's your pick?

Could be either a comp. set or a coax, from 6.5" round to 6x9, or any other type of full range speaker, there doesn't seem to be much that impresses me in this segment of car audio, so any suggestions are welcome!

Also, on a side note, has anyone ever auditioned the AVI BSM 6.5" comp. set? Reviews? It's not a DIY kit, but I've heard lots of great things about this comp. set......

Well If you require using rear speakers. They should be tuned a lot like the surrounds speakers in a home theater setup. Most of the time they dip out the higher freqencies so that directionallity is harder to pinpoint and therefore it doesn't pull out your sound stage. I say you put a pair of 6.5" midrange and run a low pass below 1k roughly...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.