DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2009 chevy malibu. Going to keep the stock head unit.
Should I just use pac locs to run amps?
Or what other options are there? And price?

Put in hertz hi energy 6.5" components in the front door and sound deadened it with dynamat.
Whats a good 4 channel amp under $400 that will provide the best sound quality possible? I'm thinking an audison sr 4 but I know theres tons of options.
Have speakers for rear fill as well.
And going to use 2 12" subs for bass

I may upgrade the front stage but it will work for now.

Never used a factory stereo and not sure what option I should use to get the best sound without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
You didnt set a budget but if you got go with thishttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27642_JBL-MS-8.html?from=20.
It has everything you need and is user freindly when compared to others like it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya the jbl is a little more than I would like to spend. Whats out there around $150 or so?
Pac locs only cost like $80
Maybe I could get the jbl in the future but for now I wouldn't want to spend that much.

Also on 4 channel I'm considering alpine f4

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Is there any reason you are set on 2 subs instead of 1? Is this gear you're reusing from a past install?

Right now I feel the PPI Phantom P900.4 is one of the best values for 4 channel amps. The Phantom series is still new and nobody can testify to its long term reliability, but I'm using one and it gives quite a lot for the money. It's also a lot less than $400, which means you can put that towards your head unit interface. You can look into the JL Cleansweep, Massive Audio Flatline, Rockford Fosgate 360.2, and there are other interfaces coming out in 2012.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using 2 subs because there is still an spl side in me.

Ill check out that amp.
What do you think would be the best value in everything you listed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts