DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm beginning to measure for a box for my 03 spyder gts. I will be removing the entire back seat, and would like face of the box to slant down from where the top of the seat used to be, to where the bottom used to be. The trunk (which is almost non existent in the spyders) will have no room left due to the amps. The face of the box can not go straight up either because the car is so small that the 4 inches or so worth of excursion will cause the sub to slap the back of the front seats (of course not something we want happening). The problem I'm running into is that I've never really built a correct box before. Sure I've cut, nailed, and carpeted some ply wood together for friends before, and it turned out ok, but as far as tuning, cubic feet, what size it actually needs to be, I've got pretty much no experience. Who knows, this may not even work. The box would be fairly small, especially compared to the stand alone square box it's already in. Has anyone tried this, or have any stats on what it needs, or other ideas? Thanks guys.

Here are some pictures of when I installed everything into the daewoo (I know I know, it's gone now)

System pictures by briansoeth - Photobucket

The in dash equalizer was a pain. it didn't fit so I had to hand file the dash kit. I'm not sure if there are any pictures of the speakers being installed, but I did them all the way around as well. Either way I have since gained another full set of speakers and some tweeters and will be incorporating them into the eclipse.

..................................../I
................................../..I
................................/....I
............................../......I
.............................------i.I
.........................../-------i.I
........................../..........I
........................./_______I

I know it looks horrible, but I'm not to good at the "draw a picture on the keyboard" thing. This would be a rough side view whereas the capital I's are where the seat back used to be, and the dashes ----- and lower case i's represent the sub sticking into the box. Crude, I know, but hopefully it will give you some sort of idea what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so when I created the little picture it looked good, but after I posted it, the site automatically took out the spaces. Now it's not even worth looking at.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I sorta fixed the picture by adding a million periods. Either way it's sort of recognizable now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts