DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
firstly i would like to mention that i am fully aware that this company made speakers for some other "bigger" companies, it even states so on the bottom of the site. somewhere.

For 30 years we were the American build-house for top-tier car audio speaker companies such as Kicker (Stillwater Designs) JL Audio, Soundstream, Lanzar, and many more. They've all since taken a long boat to China, but we've maintained our red, white, and "true" sound! Reward yourself today for successfully finding the manufacturing hub where it all started, and start listening once again to American made and American loud high-quality subwoofers! You'll be happy you did!!
another thing the company touts is that they helped develop the small sealed box subwoofer. as of lately i'm somewhat fond of a smaller box for a pair of subs the trunk since i have a capable amp to drive a set. and since i've the power, and according to hoffman's iron law, i choose small enclosure and deep bass and am willing to throw high sensitivity out the window.

after browsing through the site's sealed subwoofer options most of them seem more spl oriented. is that just a constant sort of outcome with all small sealed enclosures or just these?

a small box, dual ~.88 cubic feet, is what i am working with. and currently i'm running some '03 era kicker cvr subs. now perhaps it is my tuning and/or crossover points, but at times things just seem too boomy and i was hoping for more of a quality oriented small sealed enclosure 10" sub. the only real "sq" one that i have ever seen mentioned was a jbl gto of some sort and last i looked it up, it was rather expense.

short version - i'd like a small sealed enclosure 10" sub that can be considered sq-minded.

p.s. i really hate "which sub" threads as much as the next guy, but i've spent the last few weeks attempting to search for any viable options and haven't come across any worth while that didn't cost a fortune.

·
Registered
391 Posts
As you stated, they built subs for Kicker and they still produce one identical to the C and D series solos. Havent been on their site in awhile so dont know the model, but just look at the pics....identical. I know you are looking for sq, my solos were the best I had heard at the time. But for the space requirements your looking at I dont know how you could go wrong.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which subs are generally considered to be the original/90's era solo?

this thread claims the Small Sealed Series is not them. however, this one claims that they are.

the small sealed series comes closest, but that is only based off the specs from the kicker c series solo online manual and that only has a few specs.

then to further confuse things, those bostwick hd's supposedly "Compares well with "Solo baric" type drivers." i'm really intrigued by this since many claim that those old solos were great in small boxes and un/fortunately that is what i am working with. whether or not those positive reviews were based toward sound quality or spl is to be determined.

i emailed credence a few days ago and still no response as to which ones are most closely related.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts