DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm cross posting this here, as my requirements are very similar to audio systems in a marine environment.

We have a 2018 Can-Am Maverick X3 Max that I'd like to add the PCI Race Radio Trax+ intercom system to for talking easily among all of the passengers. While the Trax+ has Bluetooth capability for music, I'd also like to use the Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 (or PMX-8DH) head unit (Sirius XM, Bluetooth, AM/FM, backup camera monitor). Ideally, I'd like to have a Carling switch that allowed me to choose the Trax+ headsets or the external speakers available as part of the Rockford Fosgate system installed on the SxS.

Is there a simple way to route the audio and to turn on the amplifier when switched to the RF speakers?

Thanks in advance.
Scott

·
Registered
216 Posts
I may be missing something here, and I hope I don't come across as a smart ass. If you're using the PCI Race Radio Trax+ intercom for the headphones, and the Rockford Fosgate PMX-3 as the source for the external speakers, then couldn't you just keep the RF H/U off unless you wanted to use the external speakers? No switch or magic required?
I have no experience with any of the equipment you listed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ideally, I'd like to be able to listen to SiriusXM (via the RF head unit) with the headsets OR the external speakers. That's the basis for the question. The benefit of using the headsets include the ability to automatically lower the volume of the music whenever someone speaks into their microphone. Without the ability to route the audio, they end up being two different systems and the volume has to be adjusted manually whenever someone wants to talk over the (external speaker) music volume.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After looking through their website and viewing each of the product descriptions...I would say that Audio Interrupt has a fully developed product line for those of us wishing to push both music and received VHF/UHF transmissions to a common pair of external speakers. What I'm really looking for, and what I've emailed them about, is a product that allows the audio (music or VHF/UHF transmissions) to be switched between external speakers OR the headsets. This type of product seems to be right in Audio Interrupt's "wheelhouse," so I'll wait to see if they respond to my email query. Thanks for pointing me in their direction!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts