DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys give me some opinion on my proposed starting points for crossing the following speakers in my new 2 way active build?

::speakers::
AF GB15 in sails
SI TM65 MKiii in factory locations (2016 Ford Taurus SHO)
SI RM-12 (sealed in trunk)

My DSP is a JL TWK-D8 feed via Toslink from a PAC AmpPro4

Based upon my research I'm planning to start by crossing at 80hz and 2khz with a -24db slope. I believe that slope is recommended for a few reasons such as being a bit safer and also avoiding some phasing issues at the crossover point...?

Does this seem to make sense for these drivers? I don't have exact dimensions for my sealed enclosure yet....don't think that will matter too much.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'd say those are good starting points for sure.

Not sure how much level you can get out of the GB15 crossed at 2k as I have no personal experience with that driver.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I think you have a good starting point...similar to my set up and i think i have my tweeter at 2400. Lower does not sound better to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you have a good starting point...similar to my set up and i think i have my tweeter at 2400. Lower does not sound better to me.
Did you by chance use a capacitor on your GB15 for protection? If so what size did you go with?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd say those are good starting points for sure.

Not sure how much level you can get out of the GB15 crossed at 2k as I have no personal experience with that driver.
Thanks. I know this is a played out question most people are sick of hearing but you never know what details a new conversation will yield. At least that's my excuse for asking it ;-)

·
Registered
18,240 Posts
sub up to 65, midbass 80-2k, tweeter from 2k and up. all 24db LR slopes

Did you by chance use a capacitor on your GB15 for protection? If so what size did you go with?
i use 47uf

·
Registered
18,240 Posts
Thanks. I bought some 47uf after doing the math but was hoping for some confirmation.
Just make sure it was 47uf and not 4.7uf. I, and many others sometimes seem to not notice that decimal point lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,240 Posts
That must have sounded...interesting.
i always caught it before i used, but matei, my part time installer did not catch it when doing an install in his own car lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts