DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was given some jl XR650-CXi with a tweeter that makes no sound with the wrong crossovers, they are to the XR 3-way components. currently running alpine sps-600c components with two channels from a JL 300/4. The mid bass on the alpine sucks. the crossovers on the alpines are attached to the driver. so what passive crossovers can i get to match the jl drivers to the alpine tweeters???

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The 300/4 has enough processing to ditch a passive crossover completely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right but i was running my sub off it. just ordered a 250/1. Where should i set the mids and highs at first just to be safe. my alpine cda-9813 has a active crossover should i use it, i don't know if i trust it

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Not sure, what was the point that the original crossover used, that's probably a REALLY good starting point.

Also, why wouldn't you trust the 9813? Though, for one I don't believe it is capable of high passing the tweeter channel, you would need the 300/4 to do that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i was tuning my sub i set the 300/4 in full range and used the 9813 set at 80 and it was playing over 80, guess it could have been my slope. but when i turned the low pass back on at 80 12db on the 300/4 it was prefect. how would i set the 300/4 to bandpass as it just has high pass low pass and full. and i have searched for specs on those speakers and cant find them any where

·
Registered
991 Posts
I drive a VW & want to use a GM engine computer to solve all my problems.. where should I set the gear ratio to make my speedometer read within .00001 mph correctly?

Sorry to be so harsh.. but.. you have that exact combo. You don't like your Alpine's... fine... what have you done to maximize the Alpine install? What kind of vehicle? in the doors? In the kicks? tell us more...

You are asking us to mix & match brands, products, crossovers, & YOUR taste in music in one simple, concise answer... best of luck with that....

NEW CONCEPT... WHAT CAR ARE YOU DRIVING/INSTALLING ON?

Fill out your profile so we know what cryptic **** we are trying to guide you on... ****.. its not rocket science... but if you live on Pluto... we can't give you Barometric readings...

throw us a ****ing bone...

Rob

·
Registered
991 Posts
HELL... I will be even more of an ass.. since its my forte... apparently...

where are you mounting the "rest" of the JL 3-way set in the car? are you using all JL speakers?

Rob

·
Registered
991 Posts
bonus... dbl post for effect

Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
filled out my sig. currently speakers are in the door and tweeters in the upper far corner of door. im aware of the difference in brands but thought it would be worth a shot due to they were given to me. i have deadened the the doors, which of course helped. possible get some kicks in the future but currently im broke. i would appreciate it if you could focus on my questions instead of pointing out the obvious that im fairly fresh to car audio. but any ways im here to learn. thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
To my knowledge the 300/4 won't bandpass a channel.

If the 9813 is capable, which it should be, to run a HP to the mids at like 80hz, then use the LP on the front channels of the 300/4 to LP the mid at like 3khz. Then, you don't even need to run a second set of RCAs, switch the amp to 2 channel mode, and channels 3/4 will get the signal from 1/2 input. Use 3/4 to send power to the tweets using a HP set around 3khz.

That should get you started.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Advantage, or if this is what you're looking for: bloated lowend.
Disadvantage: larger box.

It's up to you whether or not it's worth the effort, no one can really answer that question for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
probably the last thing i will worry about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.