DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I am simply wondering what your suggestions would be for my current setup for crossover points and slopes. Im having a hard time tuning it and some input here could really help. My setup is a JVC Arsenal 8240 12" in the rear in a 1.5cu.ft. sealed box, one RS100 and RS225-4 in each front door aimed well in a sealed fiberglass enclosure, and set of blaupunkt VC100 tweets on the dash, where im still playing with alignment and aiming for those.

Where would YOU set your crossover points at with this setup?

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,960 Posts
First I would let the the RS225 vent through the factory 6.5 hole in the door like it was recommend in the other thread. Then the try and seal the RS100 in about 1.5 liters in the door panels you made. Good work by the way.

I would start some around 200hz-4-5khz for RS100 @ 24 dbs and the low-end and 18-24dbs on the high-end and work from there with the tweeter and midbass. Let the sub play up the around 50-60 which ever sounds best playing the midbass that low.

These are just starting points. I've played with the RS100 as you can see from my review. I've also played with the vc100 with all the small midranges in the test. It match good with them all being I played it at 4khz and above. Its a little aggressive at times. I have only play with the RS225 a very short period, don't good enough to give a honest review on it, however I i did like it quite a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts