DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do my first DIY componet setup. I am looking at putting Dayton Audio RA180 in the doors and Dayton Audio RS28a in the dash. Are these some of the best tweets for the dash? There is about 24" from mid to tweet, so shouldn't I reverse the polarity of the tweets?

Lastly, is the a commerically available crossover for this setup or should I have one custom built? I mostly listen to rap music...but emphasize the music.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Well you can look for an active type setup like the AudioControl 2xs units. They can be found for about $40 on Ebay. The really nice custom passive units will run about $150.

You can use your head unit, if it has the capabilities...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
You'll only know what polarity you should run your tweeters at after you install them and listen to them.

As far as a commercially available crossover, you're going to be hard pressed to find one that will work with an 8 ohm driver and 4 ohm tweeter. You can either make one yourself, go with an active setup, have one designed and made for you, or change your midbass driver to 4 ohm model of something and find a crossover that will work. If you're at all handy with a soldering iron and can read a electrical schematic, making one yourself isn't that hard.

With the impedances of the drivers you've chosen though, you're best bet is to go active.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts