DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VERY last Crystal CAD 600.2T. I had 6 NIB sold off 5 and have 1 used one left.

I put this in my father truck last year, And he recently decided to down size and go for smaller power.

the amplifier is in 100% working condition, There is some small scuffs on the amplifier but otherwise in great cosmedic condition.

specs

CAD 600.2T : Class "T" Digital efficiency
2 x 150 @ 4ohm
2 X 600 @ 2ohm
Bridged Mono 1200w rms @ 2ohm
subsonic filter
DBB
3 way crossover
Fully adjustable Hi pass and low pass 50hz-400hz

Very rare and very powerful Class T amplifier.

No internal Fuse, I had a 100a inline on it.

200.00 shipped obo

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
up!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nice amp!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Might be up for a part trade, Looking for your soundstream ref 300/500 or a matching 4 channel and some cash on your side?! Condition must match the Crystal!

·
Registered
343 Posts
how does it put out so much power at 2 ohms? I mean its a 400% increase from 4 ohms. The internals dont look like they support that.

Also is that the tri-path chip in it? Does class T mean tri-path?
yes class T = Tripath

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's probably more likely that it's underrated at 4ohms. That's quite a lot of output devices compared to other class D examples that utilize the Tripath chip, although I can't really get a sense of how large the case size is for them. But have a look at this Arc and note there are only four output devices. Granted they are very large BJT's.

ARC Audio KAR 1000.2T

And class T is actually a misnomer. There is no class T, only class D using Tripath. But class T was marketable. :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Amps using the Tripath chip are extremely efficient. I absolutely love my Arc 1500xxk which also utilizes the tripath chip. It's been said that it is Class D efficiency with AB sound. A friend of mine on here has the clarion class t amp and I wish he'd install it to get a comparison between the arc and the clarion.

Class T amplifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the Amp is around 14" in length. Its pretty damn heavy too. I can get exact measurements when I get home tonight.

If I had the means to get this clamped and power tested I would.

I have a friend who bought one, Has been running it at 1ohm for almost a year and a half on 2 patriot SI DVC 6ohm 10" subs.

Its pushing them hard, Gets pretty loud too.

I have sold several of these some to people on the forums and some to ebay buyers.

Every one of them have been super happy with it. Nismos14 bought one from me you can pm him and ask him about it, I am pretty sure he ran his though the ringer to test it out. He too was skeptical of the power ratings.

Its a beast of an amplifier.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To the Top!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts