DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the inside word that Crystal Mobile is going to produce (again) the SSW6.5 subwoofer driver starting next month. If anyone is familiar with the ssw5.25, then you know that these little subs can drop the hammer for such a small sized driver. Perfect for those who want deeper, more detailed/defined bass in a limited space. They are compared to the Focal and JL 6w0 small subs, and come with a much more economical pricetag. They come from Crystals Professional Audio line (HT) and come in a 6 ohm config. Dont know the price on the 6.5 yet, but the 5.25 can be had for $35/each plus shipping direct from an authorized dealer. Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
531 Posts
AzGrower said:
Just got the inside word that Crystal Mobile is going to produce (again) the SSW6.5 subwoofer driver starting next month. If anyone is familiar with the ssw5.25, then you know that these little subs can drop the hammer for such a small sized driver. Perfect for those who want deeper, more detailed/defined bass in a limited space. They are compared to the Focal and JL 6w0 small subs, and come with a much more economical pricetag. They come from Crystals Professional Audio line (HT) and come in a 6 ohm config. Dont know the price on the 6.5 yet, but the 5.25 can be had for $35/each plus shipping direct from an authorized dealer. Just thought I would share.

got a link to the 5.25's?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, the best source I have found other than the dealer I deal with for these is on TalkAudio. Since they are from the Pro line, there isnt much in way of car audio application or data. But the little there is about them is damn interesting and exciting.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Don't know if this info is worth much but I love my Crystal Comps more than any sub. I might ship one to npdang if he wants to test it.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which line? I was thinking about getting a CMP8 to run in a TL box. Sturdy little sub that is.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oops, I stand corrected, sorry.

I usually dont buy from those online shops, most are whore house operations selling stuff way below MAP and destroying hard working retailers. And often without any type of warranty. I usually get similar pricing by just contacting distributors directly. But thats just me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts