DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie here but long time home audiophile delving into high end mobile audio. Decided to invest big bucks for high end audio for Model Tesla X because it's quiet and auto pilot will allow me to enjoy music with less stress on driving. Looking for nice design and fabrication of A pillar pod to house the new Focal TBM tweeter and 3.5WM mid driver. Got myself two Sinfoni Prestigio's to power these tweets and mid. A pair of Celestra VA210s bridged to power 8WM bass and just received Zapco HDSP-Z16V DSP to tune everything.

Looking for great design ideas that integrates tweets and mid well into Tesla X A pillars aesthetically yet have a great soundstage and imaging qualities without having issues with glass or dash reflection or drivers time alignment issues without having to heavily depend on dsp compensation. Willing to pay top dollars for consultation, fabrication and installation. Anyone reasonably near Bevery Hills in So Cal would be great.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I’ll let the yanks on here best advise on installers, but with a pillar mids and tweeters you won’t have a deal of choice with dsp dependency...

And unfortunately you can’t get around reflections/resonances and the peaks and troughs that go with them :(

Are the woofers going in the front doors? (I would hope so but you never know how much someone knows about midbass/sub relations

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your post. I am mounting 8 inch midbass driver in the same factory location of their 8 inch in the lower front door panel using same bracket albeit soundskin treatment, sound blocks foam around perimeter of driver.

Saw diy video by CarAudioFabrication on A pillar but I don't have the time nor inclination to do this myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your post. Yes, that is what I am talking about. This place looks like they do an amazing excellent quality custom work as evidenced by their competition trophies. A little far to drive but looks worth it to have them do the A pillar work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts