DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:

I've decided to try and sell my custom Denford/Denon setup since my job provides me with a company truck (driven my car THREE times since March) and usually has me working most weekends (can't compete in MECA). This H/U is the ultimate companion to the Zapco amps, it does have standard RCA outputs, but it ALSO has balanced output that are the same that Zapco uses (read--NO symbilink to rca converters here). I love this unit and put a lot of work/money into getting it this way. I may not part with it if I get an MS8 now that I've sold my Zapco amps, so if you're interested, move quickly. :D

The Denford has been modified by getting the faceplate anodized black and re-silkscreened. The Rockford Fosgate logo has been removed to match the appearance of the Denon DSV-1. The color, I believe, blends MUCH better than silver with most modern vehicles and looks very classy as a 2-Din combo.

Condition of all items:

I purchased the Denford BNIB from Azngotskills...it now has less than 10 hours of playing time (two of the three times I've driven the car was to Erin/Bikinpunk's house which is two hours away).

The DSV-1 was a display model and does have a small nick in the top (seen in pictures below). It isn't visible from the seat and did not get through the anodizing so it is still black in appearance.

Both items will be shipped in their original boxes.

Total Price: :

I'm asking $950 shipped for the setup.

Shipping Terms: :

Included for CONUS.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

These are from Erin's GTG in April.

Additional info:

There are only two trades I'll consider: an MS8 plus iPod h/u that uses USB connection or a Pioneer P99.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Nice deal. too bad you gotta sell it

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the bumps guys. I edited the original post since the Zapco amps are now sold...this may be coming off the market soon too if I decide to buy an MS8 with my funds. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
VERY IMPRESSIVE! I was always wondering what an 8250 would look like professionally modded as you have done. Now I am deciding if I should buy yours already complete or mod mine!?!?!?!?

Choices, choices, choices!!! Anyway someone buy this as I am on a self imposed buying restriction LOL!!!

GLWS!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments guys. I had a trade pending, but that has fallen through. I'm pulling the Zapco gear I sold on Monday or so and have to remove this to get the Symbilink out, I'd love to pull/ship everything at once cause I'm so busy.

What I'm getting at is that I'll let the combo go for ONLY $800 SHIPPED CONUS!!! This deal only lasts till I pull the Zapco gear, once that window passes, so does the deal.

For those on the fence, you are basically getting the gear for LESS than I paid BEFORE modifying the Denford. Trust me, it's a steal at that price.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
(in my best Dr. Evil voice) Eight--Hundred--Dollars

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
that looks awesome. I think you should keep it. I would have loved to have had mine re-screened after it was powdercoated.

if you sell it then what are you going to run?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that looks awesome. I think you should keep it. I would have loved to have had mine re-screened after it was powdercoated.

if you sell it then what are you going to run?
I may end up keeping it, I love the thing. Problem is that I have only driven my car four times since March. I'm not really getting much use and honestly would rather somebody have it that CAN enjoy it. But if it doesn't sell, I won't be sad about it.

I would put it in my wife's build that I'm starting, but it's a Murano that has an integrated head unit.

If it does go, I'll probably put something simpler/cheaper in. Not sure what though yet.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I'm not very familiar with these decks. Will you explain what all they are capable of compared to a new Pioneer 99prs

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm not very familiar with these decks. Will you explain what all they are capable of compared to a new Pioneer 99prs
99rps has onboard processing, the Denford has none.

Both are amazing decks but the Denford you will need a seperate processor or amplifiers with crossover networks ect ect.

The PRS can do MP3 the Denford cannot, Both can play Audio Format CD-r media.

Denford was Fosgates top tier deck made by Denon hince the nickname Denford. It is a true audiophile CD unit.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Both can play Audio Format CD-r media.
Does the 8250 handle CD-Rs consistently? I had the opportunity to play with a 8240 yesterday and it played CD-Rs but would not allow me to skip tracks without locking up.

I would love to pick one up if it would play CD-Rs like a store bought CD.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does the 8250 handle CD-Rs consistently? I had the opportunity to play with a 8240 yesterday and it played CD-Rs but would not allow me to skip tracks without locking up.

I would love to pick one up if it would play CD-Rs like a store bought CD.
It does. Erin (bikinpunk), has played several in my car and it's worked flawlessly. I do have somebody interested on just the meter if you were just looking for the hu, I would consider splitting them up.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pulling my Zapco amps/cables tomorrow to ship, h/u has to be pulled to do this. $800 offer is still on...and I WILL split up if I have buyers for both items.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lots of bites but no cash in hand yet...so TTT.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts