DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been making some improvements to my corollas audio system recently and am pretty happy at the time been with 2x12's and a 10 inch to act as midbass.

I am thinking of making a custom parcel shelf out of MDF or ply to fit some 6x9s on and I have the tools and knowledge required to do so with ease but the problem I face is having a hatch back corolla. Since the entirety of the already limited boot is filled with sub I am worried about the air displacement making the 6x9s sound terrible or the parcel shelf turning into a rattle maker.

I figured I could prevent it from moving by attaching some weights like some scrap steel or just some metal blocks of some kind and am confident that could do it but would there be any issue with the subwoofers and speakers been in such close proximity?

·
Registered
981 Posts
So I have been making some improvements to my corollas audio system recently and am pretty happy at the time been with 2x12's and a 10 inch to act as midbass.

I am thinking of making a custom parcel shelf out of MDF or ply to fit some 6x9s on and I have the tools and knowledge required to do so with ease but the problem I face is having a hatch back corolla. Since the entirety of the already limited boot is filled with sub I am worried about the air displacement making the 6x9s sound terrible or the parcel shelf turning into a rattle maker.

I figured I could prevent it from moving by attaching some weights like some scrap steel or just some metal blocks of some kind and am confident that could do it but would there be any issue with the subwoofers and speakers been in such close proximity?
I would just use some of these unless you're looking to win "best of show" at the next IASCA meet:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Qpower-QTW6X9-tw6x9-Empty-6x9-Box-Qpower/41280865?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1330&adid=22222222228029180302&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=62075470329&wl4=pla-98729273289&wl5=9013198&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=100362769&wl11=online&wl12=41280865&wl13=&veh=sem

I don't know why that link is so damn big... Regardless those little boxes usually work pretty well especially if you stuff them with poly-fill prior to loading the drivers. These examples are excessively cheap, Scosche makes a good fairly inexpensive one that isn't quite so cheap on the materials, but their all pretty much​ just mdf with cheap carpet. These should be fine if they match your interior.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not an american so that link is useless and I am intent on mounting them into a parcel shelf as I quiet honestly do not have room unless I want to start hacking into C pillars and stuff

·
Registered
981 Posts
Not an american so that link is useless and I am intent on mounting them into a parcel shelf as I quiet honestly do not have room unless I want to start hacking into C pillars and stuff
Ok then, where are you from & wtf does "wub wub" mean in your culture?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,278 Posts

Give us pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts