DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for an alternative to the Scan/alpine 6000-1 tweet that was discontinued, and looking for something a little cheaper than the Seas lotus ref. tweets, I found this Vifa D26NC55. Looks interesting if you can cut the outer flange off to make it smaller. These will be on axis, so the poor off axis response these have would be a non-issue. Seems like they could be crossed around 2.5khz and sound good, just gotta figure out a way to mount them! Zaph gave them a good review too.

What do you think? Any ways to mount these if I Dremel the flange off? :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, I forgot there was a comparison with those tweets on this site...... :)

Well, it still sounds like it might still work for me, np really didn't have any bad comments on it other than to say it wasn't as nice sounding as the large format tweets, which is impossible for a compact tweet to do anyway. Np also said it's high end wasn't all that great compared to the other two, but I don't plan on using it for much over 7khz anyway......

Nguyen, what do you think, is it a good choice for between 2.5-7khz? I'm really just looking for a tweet that does great midrange....any other choices in this price range? Would the max-fi do better for this?

·
Ignorance is Bliss
181 Posts
i'm in teh same boat as you xen, i just got new seas w18nx and was about to order the 6000-1 but found out they were gone. i'm like 80% close to buyign the lotus tweets, but i'm waiting on my mic/preamp to come in the mail to take a measurement first before i buy anything else.

but i'm a bit concered on the "cutting the flanges" part.

also, i could barely get the tn52 in my car, i'm running them naked right now cause there too big to fit in my stock pod. maybe 2 mm too wide. need something like 45 mm ish.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, about the same issue I have, I need something no larger than 2.25" diameter by 1.25" depth, and that would be a near impossible fit, but maybe juuuuuuuusstttt barely :)

only problem with the lotus ref. tweets is the price :eek:

A

·
0 Posts
How 'bout NP Dang's new tweeter. I heard they are going to be compact and sweeeet (its never too early to start such rumors :D ) Hasn't it been like 2 months now since the last update :rolleyes: .

Cheers,

AJ

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Prototype tweeters shipped by Fedex... should arrive by the end of this week.

Some features:

Compact neo motor and flange. Dimensions almost identical to SS d2904/6000-1
rigid non-resonant aluminum rear chamber, low fs
large open mesh grille
dual copper faraday rings
excellent top end dispersion
able to cross at 1.5khz 4th order

But... we'll see if they live up to all that, and more importantly how do they sound "out of the box".

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^sounds too good to be true, I'm holding out for those! If you can post results and think they'd fit in to this application, I'll be the first in line for a set...

·
Registered
107 Posts
npdang said:
Prototype tweeters shipped by Fedex... should arrive by the end of this week.

Some features:

Compact neo motor and flange. Dimensions almost identical to SS d2904/6000-1
rigid non-resonant aluminum rear chamber, low fs
large open mesh grille
dual copper faraday rings
excellent top end dispersion
able to cross at 1.5khz 4th order

But... we'll see if they live up to all that, and more importantly how do they sound "out of the box".
What is the estimated price?

·
Registered
530 Posts
sounds like a great christmas gift to myself !!!how are the mids coming along?? woohoo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts