DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18,644 Posts
I was gunna say, get rid of that 35-55hz peak. That probably sounds ugly lol. Also the dip at the crossover point. Might be a phase issue

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I was gunna say, get rid of that 35-55hz peak. That probably sounds ugly lol. Also the dip at the crossover point. Might be a phase issue

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Even the after EQ one in the yellow graph? The cabin gain in this vehicle is strong at around 40 Hz. Let me work on it this week sometime after work and I'll post back the results.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Update:

I picked up a JL VX800/8i last week and have had some AF GB25 and GB10 on the shelf for a while now. My goal is the take this car from a 2-way to a 3-way, which currently runs the GB15 crossed to the GB60. I’ve been impressed with the three way in my daily driver pickup truck so naturally I want the same in my CX5. Ideally I’d like to have this ready for the upcoming great get together but there probably isn’t enough time considering my busy schedule and oppressive heat we’ve had.

What I’ll do is maybe compromise for now and mount the GB10 flush in the A-pillars off axis because it’s easy and mount the GB25 where the GB15 is now. It may not sound as good but hopefully with a good tune it can top the current 2-way combo. Eventually I think I want to mount the GB10 in the corner trim on axis that sits above the front door panel behind the A pillar. I’ve contemplated making A-pillar pods with fiberglass but honestly I’m not a fan and my A-pillars are flimsy to begin with. I prefer more of an OEM stealth look if possible. The other thing about this car is there really is not many options for mounting a tweeter. Everywhere I think I can mount a tweeter presents challenges with something crammed behind it. Mazda used every square inch of this vehicle to hide something tight behind a finished piece.

Ive continued this build log over here now and loaded lots of pictures too. For those that care lots of information is presented. Mazda CX-5 AudioFrog GB series build evolves - Page 3

·
Registered
18,644 Posts
can you do mids in the dash and tweeters in the pillar?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I did Nick but the tweeters on the A pillars are currently not ideal or on axis. I want to do the the same thing you and Kevin did with the tweeters in a CX5 (I stole your picture) but I don’t have the time to tackle that right now. I posted tons of pictures and more information on CAJ, use link above.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts