DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not sure u will find a dac that outputs 6v , because it’s not needed , an amp only needs some much input voltage, any higher and u raise the noise floor , the amp should be boosting the signal , not the device .
You don't necessarily raise the noise floor with a hotter input, but I know what you mean because it may force you to attenuate the input.

In theory, it would be best to have higher voltage line outputs and low gain amplifiers. You do see this more in pro audio. Not a really big difference or issue though. Main thing is to avoid amplifying - attenuating - amplifying in most cases as you probably know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You don't necessarily raise the noise floor with a hotter input, but I know what you mean because it may force you to attenuate the input.

In theory, it would be best to have higher voltage line outputs and low gain amplifiers. You do see this more in pro audio. Not a really big difference or issue though. Main thing is to avoid amplifying - attenuating - amplifying in most cases as you probably know.
I’m sure that’s true , in my case , I have a bit one hd anything past 4-5 volts input on my amp the noise floor goes up , my bit one will put out 9-10 volts maxed out , but my amp does not like that so I set to 4-5 volts then use my scope for the amp gains . No noise . But that could be just my particular scenario

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m sure that’s true , in my case , I have a bit one hd anything past 4-5 volts input on my amp the noise floor goes up , my bit one will put out 9-10 volts maxed out , but my amp does not like that so I set to 4-5 volts then use my scope for the amp gains . No noise . But that could be just my particular scenario
Probably how the amp and some others work if you go past that threshold.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Forget it, I tried, but you are too stupid to help and won't be cooperative. You didn't even post enough information to start.
Ah I see this is the same dumb crap all over... member calls someone stupid and when asked to backup his claim in the name of stupidity oh he crawls back under that rock.
Bye falesha...
All you had to do was backup your claim and prove I'm just that dumb right...

he posted enough for me to be able to tell him it doesn’t exist and suggest a solution… but he’s flat out ignored that so he can now disappear and go tell another forum they are wrong about scientific fact, physics and how gain structure works…

I like the way you guys **** talk... maybe I can join? Or would I get banned?

lets start by how I replied to your response and actually took you advise? Right I forgot you to dumb dumb to realize that.. even showed appreciation. Liked every one of your dang comments.

oh but look one of the regulars came and now you completely flip a B and start talking ish.

whole B...

straight bs man

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Ah I see this is the same dumb crap all over... member calls someone stupid and when asked to backup his claim in the name of stupidity oh he crawls back under that rock.
Bye falesha...

I like the way you guys **** talk... maybe I can join? Or would I get banned?

lets start by how I replied to your response and actually took you advise? Right I forgot you to dumb dumb to realize that.. even showed appreciation. Liked every one of your dang comments.

oh but look one of the regulars came and now you completely flip a B and start talking ish.

whole B...

straight bs man
Post 14 and no you didn’t acknowledge it or like it, but hey keep on with the attitude

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bye falesha...
Look, if you want a reset, I apologize and let's try again.

I did try, but I literally don't have enough information to help you. Post your entire system as you want to hook it up, except speakers, and we can start from there if you want to be open to fact-based suggestions.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Post 14 and no you didn’t acknowledge it or like it, but hey keep on with the attitude
First of you won’t find a dac that also has a digital output… the only one I have seen is a topping d10s which is 2v and also has optical and coax output…

and you definitely won’t ever find a dac bar the very high end studio dacs that are balanced with more than 2v and car audio kit doesn’t take balanced, so you’re at 2v and a topping d10s pretty much

Tbh I’d buy your dsp as any dac that’s over 2v and balanced will be well in excess of your dac cost, so save the funds, buy a dsp and an Smsl PO100 and make the leap, don’t forget you will also need a volume control for the dsp as you don’t want to be adjusting digital volume at source. It wants to be full volume and therefore full bit depth all the time, reduce volume or add it at the end of the chain, I’d use a helix dsp with enough channels to do what you need with a director/conductor/urc.3 (that’s what I do use with a topping d10s and iPad mini 5 into my dsp ultra with coax and a conductor)

ask the same question on the audio science review site and you will get the same answer
You know you could of just said all this in the beginning tead of turning around and talking trash... really would of saved all this typing and trash talk.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
1,452 Posts

I have this one. I have yet to fully test it out. I got it to stream LDAC to my DSP but have yet to test it out. But the RCA output will get you 3Vrms. I think that may be the most your going to get from a DAC, but I could be wrong

FiiO BTA30PRO Bluetooth Receiver Portable Transmitter Stereo Wireless High Resolution aptX/LDAC DSD256 Optical/Coaxial/Line-Out for PC/TV/Speaker/Home Audio https://a.co/d/bz2N3Zv

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

I have this one. I have yet to fully test it out. I got it to stream LDAC to my DSP but have yet to test it out. But the RCA output will get you 3Vrms. I think that may be the most your going to get from a DAC, but I could be wrong

FiiO BTA30PRO Bluetooth Receiver Portable Transmitter Stereo Wireless High Resolution aptX/LDAC DSD256 Optical/Coaxial/Line-Out for PC/TV/Speaker/Home Audio Amazon.com: FiiO BTA30PRO Bluetooth Receiver Portable Transmitter Stereo Wireless High Resolution aptX/LDAC DSD256 Optical/Coaxial/Line-Out for PC/TV/Speaker/Home Audio : Electronics
Now that is pretty darn interesting.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
1,452 Posts
Just to give u a quick update on mine. I was able to set it up and get a quick tune on it today. Took me a min to figure out how to stream LDAC through Amazon but I was able to do it. Holy chit though the difference between high level from my head unit vs streaming to the fiio is amazing. So much more clear and detailed. What sux though is that I'm unable to go digital in to my DSP due to my own fvck up. I broke the lil door for my optical in so I'm going RCA. Still though the difference is extream. I get so much more content under 30hz also. I think my head unit has a subsonic around 30hz. White light on top of the device is LDAC and it has other lights for diffent bit rates. It also has an app to control the whole dive withough touching it.

Musical instrument accessory Eyewear Gadget Collar Bumper

Gadget Communication Device Hood Audio equipment Portable communications device

Font Technology Darkness Monochrome Number

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Just to give u a quick update on mine. I was able to set it up and get a quick tune on it today. Took me a min to figure out how to stream LDAC through Amazon but I was able to do it. Holy chit though the difference between high level from my head unit vs streaming to the fiio is amazing. So much more clear and detailed. What sux though is that I'm unable to go digital in to my DSP due to my own fvck up. I broke the lil door for my optical in so I'm going RCA. Still though the difference is extream. I get so much more content under 30hz also. I think my head unit has a subsonic around 30hz. White light on top of the device is LDAC and it has other lights for diffent bit rates. It also has an app to control the whole dive withough touching it.

View attachment 348229
View attachment 348228
View attachment 348227

How is the. Clarity from min to max volume? Same?

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I broke the lil door for my optical in so I'm going RCA.
That door is just a dust cover - it has no bearing on whether that input works or not - in fact with the door broken you're better off having a toslink cable plugged in to keep dust out of the DSP.

Reactions: yobbo7

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That door is just a dust cover - it has no bearing on whether that input works or not - in fact with the door broken you're better off having a toslink cable plugged in to keep dust out of the DSP.
I wish, I also broke the lil internal piece that goes inside the toslink and holds it in place. 😔 I have a toslink in it but it just wiggles and doesn't stay in place. I can get sound but it's just statiky. That Fiio was suppose to be in my centre console where to toslink is routed to. But I may end up with the new P6 later in life, so ghetto style behind my seats it stays till then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wish, I also broke the lil internal piece that goes inside the toslink and holds it in place. 😔 I have a toslink in it but it just wiggles and doesn't stay in place. I can get sound but it's just statiky. That Fiio was suppose to be in my centre console where to toslink is routed to. But I may end up with the new P6 later in life, so ghetto style behind my seats it stays till then.
You can replace those connectors pretty easily with a soldering iron.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I already broke it once, lol I'm not gonna do it twice. I'm gonna leave it be. I don't even know what I did with the broken piece I may have tossed it. It's been months. It's my fault so you won't find me at my local dealer trying to get it replaced. I'll take the loss. But using the RCAs sounds really good, will I be able to tell the difference 🤔.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts