DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Corolla
11 Posts
Lewis, Just another idea for bass. I'm not sure if this would fit in your space, or fit the proper look. I like a little more depth to my bass than most shallow subs can give. They tend to be a bit punchier and less of the deeper bass sound. Of course for rock music, the punchier can sound better. For rap or R and B the deeper sounds a bit better.

Just an idea (the RP350.1 amp can pair well with this.):

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks, I think we are going to go with the Kicker HS10 as it is only 3" high. I must admit that I am pretty much a metal head, but hip hop, r & b music, sounds amazing ! I do listen to some of that, and jazz funk too.. I did notice with the delays set up with the DSP there is an added resonance to metal, the riffs just sound fuller and you can notice more with bands that have the twin guitar attack ! Its like getting the full stereo affect, that you would do by positioning speakers at home. TBH, you here music completely differently, once a dsp is set up.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Corolla
11 Posts
oh sweet! that's awesome that the DSP helps a ton with the bass too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
yes, my Son just sat in my car while he played some Bjork and Radiohead, he was very impressed. Mine will sound better when the sub is fitted on Tuesday

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Corolla
11 Posts
I just put together a design template for my stereo build:

Reactions: lewis1962

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Corolla
11 Posts
So I've made a couple updates on the plan for my upgrade. After doing some research I realized I would probably have a pretty big dip in my frequencies without a dedicated mid range. So I added a CDT ES02 in their pod. I plan to get a taramps class d amp to drive the rears and one of the front speaker sets. I haven't decided if I will run the tweets or mids with it. Since it's about 60watts rms per channel instead of 100watts rms like the pioneer, I'm inclined to run the tweets off the taramps as generally the higher frequencies require less power to get the same volume.

I'm excited to install the equipment and get it going!! I just need to find the time to install properly. Probably going to take some time as I will need to do some sound dampening in the doors and roof along with building an amp board as well as installing the power wires, speaker wires, and an extra rca run to the trunk. Finally, need to run the input and control wires to the DSP from my console as well.

·
Registered
2007 Toyota Corolla
11 Posts

21 - 27 of 27 Posts