DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fiio M11 pro and Helix DSP Ultra, what is the best way to connect those that sounds better?
Using the DAP’s DAC (using 3.5mm to 2 RCA) or the DSP’s DAC (Fiio’s 3.5mm to coax adaptor + coaxial Spdif cable)?

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Depends on what are u planning to listen. If Mqa go the analog way via the 3.5mm jack. Also compare the output from both Digital and analog outputs. Digital in fiio is limited to 96khz and don't do Mqa.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on what are u planning to listen. If Mqa go the analog way via the 3.5mm jack. Also compare the output from both Digital and analog outputs. Digital in fiio is limited to 96khz and don't do Mqa.

i believe it supported more than 96khz
B00D6AA6-6D81-4058-BE63-B213F86C087A.png

I got it from fiio web

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t get it quite well, i mean all the music files that stored in DAP or CD or USB stick, are digital, so why it can’t transfered digitally as long it is under the player or cable limitation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe i need to make it more clearer;

Right now i’m using Bewith RT-1 Aptx-HD Bluetooth Receiver connected to Fiio M11 pro, wirelessly, it does sound good compared to Top tier Kenwood or Pioneer receiver (series that regulated in Indonesia). And then i thought, maybe if I connect my DAP directly to DSP, i could get a better sound in my car. As it said wired above wireless.

So here’s my thinkable options:

1. Fioo M11pro DAC is AK4497EQ which the previous AKM top tier DAC chip (for DAP) before the latest AK4499, should i get the benefit of M11pro’s DAC chip ? , by using 3.5mm to 2 RCA cable.
  2. For preventing too much conversion between Analog and Digital, just go with Fiio’s SPDIF out through coaxial cable to DSP Ultra.
  3. Using USB Audio out, to HEC HD Audio , using USB C to Mini Usb cable.
All cables should run for 3 meters.

Mostly i will played 24bit Flac that downloaded in SD card, and maybe some DSD for audiophile songs.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
To be honest wired will definitely sound better than BT. With respect to Analog vs digital, you may want to run both and hear what sounds better to you. Some people like the analog more than digital

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Digital will be more religious to the original file due to less conversions (1 vs 3), some people prefer the warmth or distortion added via more conversions or the circuitry around the dac/adc

coax will be the most accurate reproduction of the original file

1 - 8 of 8 Posts