DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about trying a dash mat to tame the effect of my driver's side dash bump and reduce heat from a black dash. I hate the look but audio matters more. Anyone have any brand/company recommendations? I tried using the search function but it's terrible and doesn't work on Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Lay out a towel to see if it has the desired effect first? I’ve done this a few times and kept the money in my pocket. every car and install is different though.

you know what they say though:
  • if there’s no dashmat it’s not sq
  • if you’re not laying down it’s not sq
  • if it’s easy to use it’s not sq

:)

·
Registered
07 Accord GS9-Arc Audio dsp-Audison Voce 5.1K+Due-HAT Legatia SE 3 way + Clarus 15 in IB
90 Posts
I got mine from Dash Topper. Fits well and really helped with imaging vs bare dash. It also greatly helps keep the dash / ac vents cooler in the Texas heat

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I don't know about the quality of others these days.
But the last time I went mat shopping the only one that fit right, looked and felt good and didn't Grey out after a month was the original dash mat brand.
This was 5 years ago though so they might have changed.
It was for a dodge dash. Not anything acoustical.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I am thinking about trying a dash mat to tame the effect of my driver's side dash bump and reduce heat from a black dash. I hate the look but audio matters more. Anyone have any brand/company recommendations? I tried using the search function but it's terrible and doesn't work on Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Depends on your vehicle. I have a 2019 Toyota Corolla and oddly enough I bought a high dollar Dash mat made in the USA… And it was actually complete crap for terrible compared to a $20 one I got from China that is extremely well fitting and nice looking LOL.

If you tell me your vehicle year and model I could look to see if the manufacturer that I got mine from has one for your vehicle as well…

·
Registered
639 Posts
I always run dash mats - I know the math tells us they shouldn't make a difference but adding more soft surface and absorption especially on such a large, hard surface just works for me mentally, especially when the speakers are playing up there. I've grown to where I actually prefer the look of a dash mat, doesn't seem cheesy at all to me now. I have one in my truck and in my latest car I was able to get a brushed suede mat from Dash Designs that is very nice. They take a little longer as the pads are made to order but I've been happy with them. Haven't bought from anyone else in quite some time so can't compare.

One thing I especially love about a dash mat is I do a lot of customized dash speaker installs, and the dash mat can cover up all manner of mistakes and butchery and make everything look nice and tidy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts