1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soundstage at ear level ...

This Pic ^^^^^
Quote>
Make no mistakes, guys, the very same installer, did a 5 series BMW and beats everyone in SQC in Iasca world finals couple years ago.
I sat in that car, you can laugh all you want, but until you sit in that car....
Quote>
From dual700 ^^^^^

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dual on dash mounted speakers...
Quote>
But for some of you.. The very same installer whooped our asses in 2006, and no, the car was a daily driver, believe it or not.

IASCA finals 2006, Atlanta USA.

This car won the SQ Ultimate PRO as well as the ISQC competition.

Here are the results from the IASCA finals 2006:
International Sound Quality competition ISQC:
1st Phattaraphong Emnuwattana from Thailand
2nd Eddie DeJesus from USA

IASCA SQ finals:
1st Ultimate PRO, Phattaraphong Emnuwattana from Thailand

Quote>

DLS - DLS Suriya

·
Registered
502 Posts
I listened to that car from thailand. Didnt look like either of those pics. The seats in the car from thailand had been seriously relocated. I'm 6'4" tall. I couldnt touch the pedal in that car if I sat on the floor in front of the seat.

So don't just look at speaker locations and assume that is all that is going on.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ive seen a local car with similar mounting positions. I think DLS wants it that way. Or DLS drivers are meant to be mounted that way. Either way DLS can give you a run for your money.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm actually still considering going w/a widebander for dash use depending on whether I keep my van or not in the next month (large 5" openings on each end). The stock 3.5" were in the dash on each end and actually makes for a great soundstage so after adding Peerless 6.5s in the doors, I dropped in some Northcreek D25-06 large format tweets and love the setup.

Most avoid this route and it can be tricky but due to the dash/windshield layout plus the on axis nature of the Northcreek tweet, it works very well for me (for the last 2 years or so).

But I haven't tried a wide band unit yet in the dash so not sure how the dome driver would fare yet but I'm all for experimentation....

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts

Here's some pics of my speakers on the dash. There will be ten speakers on the dash, in a unity waveguide. It's documented in this forum.

waveguide from the unity clone i made in 2006, with damping near the waveguide to make them easier to measure.

early version of the 2006 waveguide, with only two mids instead of four.

2009 unity waveguide pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts