DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm finally going to go on and try to get it working tomorrow or the next day.
So, I went on and downloaded the Dayton DSP control app to my Android tablet. Doesn't look too terribly complicated.
I don't yet have a mic..... But I've already kind of cheated and just used the mic in that same tablet, while playing a 20Hz to 20Khz sweep via Bluetooth from my phone, to give me a general idea of where my peaks and valleys were.
My probably stupid question for the day is, can I create a setup, as far as X-over points (which I already know) and maybe even set the EQ with dips, where I already know there to be peaks "ahead of time" ? I mean, and then save that somehow in the tablet ? OR, can that only be saved in the DSP itself ?
Just bored, and wanting to get a head start....

·
Registered
31 Posts
The app connects to the dsp. So as long as you build the configuration while connected to the dsp it will write that profile to the dsp. So the app has to connect to the dsp for that to happen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you use the windows software, you can save/load configs to your hard disk, and then load them to the unit when connected.

Very handy to play with a few ideas at home, then load and tweak from the car later.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If you use the windows software, you can save/load configs to your hard disk, and then load them to the unit when connected.

Very handy to play with a few ideas at home, then load and tweak from the car later.
Man, it took us months to get him to buy a dsp, along with recommending a cheap laptop. I don't think we'll be able to convince him to get a laptop.

·
Registered
31 Posts

What if the dsp is already in the car. Use a windows tablet with a USB cable I Guess?

Edit: nevermind I see now. Yeah I wish the android app did it All right there for us. But the fact that the dsp is for home and auto it is OK to allow the differentiation in features I guess. Maybe Dayton's rev2 will expand on some of these thought about or sought after ideas... Anyone know if they are contemplating another model?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

1. Man, it took us months to get him to buy a dsp, along with recommending a cheap laptop. I don't think we'll be able to convince him to get a laptop.
    I've actually "had" the DSP for going on two months now. Just not really looking forward to hassling with it, trying to get it dialed in.
  2. Would be cool if we could export a configuration profile though... And import
  3. If you use the windows software, you can save/load configs to your hard disk, and then load them to the unit when connected.

Thank you. I might try that tomorrow, before I install it. To be honest, maybe it could use an update first anyway ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you. I might try that tomorrow, before I install it. To be honest, maybe it could use an update first anyway ?
I was under the same thinking when I first got. My dayton dsp. But I tried it first for like a solid month and a half to see if I could find anything to justify putting that 3.19 fw on it and honestly I personally have not updated it yet. Who knows the moment I do I could see all kinds of wacky things happen... Or in the irony of it all notice things that were broken after their fixed and gone lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts