DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First DSP that I purchased and I have some questions about installation. The dsp has 4 inputs (Ch1 L, Ch2 R, Ch3 L, Ch4 R) and 8 outputs. My headunit; Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS has 3 sets of preouts: Front (L, R), Rear (L,R), Sub (L, R). I'm assuming the 3 sets of preouts from my head unit connects to the DSP's 4 inputs and the 8 outputs goes to my amps. The question is, there aren't enough inputs on the DSP to accommodate my head units preouts. How do I connect this? Also, the 12v wiring harness, there are 12 pins, are pins 10 - Blue - Remote Out: 11 - Yellow - 12V+: and 12 - Black - Ground are the only ones I should worry about?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
If you wanted you could just run a single RCA to the DSP as you can assign input's to outputs. If you wanted say fade from the radio then go with 2 sets of RCA's.

Connect your radio's remote wire to DSP REM IN, then DSP REM OUT to your amps remote turn on circuits.

If you were using speaker level input's instead then you can use the REM OUT only as a trigger for your amps without needing a wire to turn on the DSP as speaker level detects voltage and will then turn on auto circuit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
  • You just need to get a full range left and right signal to the dayton. This means you need to make sure the crossovers in the pioneer head unit are off, and send that full range signal to the dayton. Set the crossover frequencies in the Dayton.
As for the wiring harness, power, ground and remote are the only ones you need.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
  • You just need to get a full range left and right signal to the dayton. This means you need to make sure the crossovers in the pioneer head unit are off, and send that full range signal to the dayton. Set the crossover frequencies in the Dayton.
As for the wiring harness, power, ground and remote are the only ones you need.
I'm looking through the manual for my head unit and there isn't an option to turn off the crossover. Please advise.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then I assume it doesnt have a crossover. Use the front or rear outs.
It does. It has a 2-way and 3-way crossover, but I haven't found a way to turn it off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It does. It has a 2-way and 3-way crossover, but I haven't found a way to turn it off.

You can adjust the cutoff frequency value of each speaker. The following speakers can be adjusted:
Standard Mode: Front, Rear, Subwoofer.
Network Mode: High, Mid, Subwoofer.
p “Subwoofer Settings” is available only when “Subwoofer” is “On”.
 Refer to Setting the subwoofer output on page 44 1 Display the “Audio” setting screen.
 Refer to Displaying the “Audio” setting screen on page 44 2 Touch [Crossover] or [Subwoofer Settings].
3 Touch to switch the speaker. Switch speakers to Front.
4 Drag the graph line to set the cutoff position.
5 Drag the lowest point of the graph to set the cutoff slope.
p The following items can also be set.  :
Switches the subwoofer phase between normal and reverse
position.  LPF/HPF:
Switches the LPF/HPF setting to “On” or “Off”.
When it is turned off, the high-pass filter or low-pass filter of each speaker can also be turned on by touching the graph

·
Registered
736 Posts
connect both front and rear RCA's to DSP if you want fader control but yes, you have to set the Pioneer to output a clean full range signal. You will need to also find the max clean output of the Pioneer, then the Dayton.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
connect both front and rear RCA's to DSP if you want fader control but yes, you have to set the Pioneer to output a clean full range signal. You will need to also find the max clean output of the Pioneer, then the Dayton.
With this, I'm guessing I lose the ability to control the "volume" of the sub via the head unit?

·
Listener of Music
3,213 Posts
With this, I'm guessing I lose the ability to control the "volume" of the sub via the head unit?

You could run the front output of the hu to the inputs 1+2 of the DSP and assign that input to the speaker outputs and then the HU's sub out to the dsp's 3+4 and assign that to DSP's sub output (7+8). It's all in the mixer menu.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could run the front output of the hu to the inputs 1+2 of the DSP and assign that input to the speaker outputs and then the HU's sub out to the dsp's 3+4 and assign that to DSP's sub output (7+8). It's all in the mixer menu.
Gotcha. I think I got it. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts