DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1348 Posts

·
Listener of Music
3,425 Posts
It's not firmware related. I just figured it was a poorly soldered board. Sometimes it's tacked good, sometimes it's not. Obviously no one knows or the fix would be in.

Reactions: nate0

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's not firmware related. I just figured it was a poorly soldered board. Sometimes it's tracked good, sometimes it's not. Obviously no one knows or the fix would be in.
Ok.
It is an rj11 jack so that is very likely that the contacts are just not good enough or where it sits on the board has some flaw. thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Does anybody have the same issue I have when I first turn my car on you get a quick spike in volume (quite loud) just a quick blast that returns to the set volume the the H/Unit is set at ?

·
Listener of Music
3,425 Posts
Nope but I'm using Bluetooth. Sounds like a high level input issue. Is it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have mine connected via rca low level... belive is due to the remote turn on but haven't had time to narrow it down...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Listener of Music
3,425 Posts
Oh yeah. I don't have mine connected because of the known noise issue.

·
Premium Member
9,193 Posts
My setup is high level into a Audio control Lc2i then rca ino dsp. So does anyone have a fix for this as I'm afraid of blowing a speaker or 2
What purpose is the LC2i serving? It seems redundant.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does anybody have the same issue I have when I first turn my car on you get a quick spike in volume (quite loud) just a quick blast that returns to the set volume the the H/Unit is set at ?
I have the same issue. I'm going to install a small time delay module between the remote out on the DSP and the amplifiers.

It sounds like the Dayton DSP is booting up and it takes a few seconds to level out. I just bought a Helix DSP.2 for my other vehicle and it has a delay built-in.

Here's what I bought on eBay for a few bucks:

DC 12V Delay Relay Shield NE555 Timer Switch Adjustable Module 0 to 10 Second UE

Attachments

Reactions: cycleguy

·
Premium Member
9,193 Posts
This gives me Accubass and probably sends a better quality signal to the DSP with it being a Audio control unit
I personally don't care for bass restoration devices, but I understand that some people do. The LC2i will not otherwise transform the OE signal into anything of "better quality." Also, the LC2i has a 33Hz HPF built in. So, even if your OE signal extends down to 20Hz, it won't with the AudioControl in place.

·
Registered
136 Posts
As my vehicle is a 2017 and I'm using the stock H/U i bet there is some bass roll off being done so it just belt and braces for my setup. Sounds good to my ears with just a tune by ear not a competition vehicle

·
Premium Member
9,193 Posts
As my vehicle is a 2017 and I'm using the stock H/U i bet there is some bass roll off being done so it just belt and braces for my setup. Sounds good to my ears with just a tune by ear not a competition vehicle
At the end of the day, being satisfied with your own system is all that matters. I was just providing you with the information, in case you didn't already know.

Additionally, the DSP-408 has a great feature that can likely address most cases of a rolled off signal. EQ 1 on any channel can be changed from a parametric EQ to a low shelf filter. You can still adjust the frequency, slope (6 or 12dB/Octave) and level. EQ 10 on any channel has a similar feature, except it is a high shelf filter.

Reactions: nate0 and cycleguy

·
Registered
317 Posts
I personally don't care for bass restoration devices, but I understand that some people do. The LC2i will not otherwise transform the OE signal into anything of "better quality." Also, the LC2i has a 33Hz HPF built in. So, even if your OE signal extends down to 20Hz, it won't with the AudioControl in place.
That's why I didn't go with the Audio Control a few weeks ago when I ordered a LOC. I had seen where the frequency response did not go all the way down. Even if what I'm running could not play that low, I don't like knowing a device in the chain is limiting what's going on.

·
Listener of Music
3,425 Posts
There's tons of content below 33hz. That just pisses me off that they do that. They know if your using that product your installing aftermarket speakers that can handle it. I never knew that. :cautious:

·
Registered
317 Posts
There's tons of content below 33hz. That just pisses me off that they do that. They know if your using that product your installing aftermarket speakers that can handle it. I never knew that. :cautious:
Go to Crutchfield and look under details, AudioControl LC2i (Black) 2-channel line output converter for adding amps to your factory system at Crutchfield. Frequency response 33 - 100,000. They limit the bass response but the highs play into the stratosphere.

Oddly enough, the Lc6i has what I'd call a normal frequency response of 10 - 22,000. I don't understand why they chose to limit the response of one LOC but the rest of their line is "normal". I will bet most people buy the LC2i to add a subwoofer to their factory system. Why bother with the whole Accubass if you're going to turn around and limit the frequency?

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's why I didn't go with the Audio Control a few weeks ago when I ordered a LOC. I had seen where the frequency response did not go all the way down. Even if what I'm running could not play that low, I don't like knowing a device in the chain is limiting what's going on.
You can custom make your own high pass filter for the sub output or they have a selection of other modules. Some of their newer units allow you to remove the module completely. My older line drive did not have that capability. I owned one of their older line drivers matrix 6 concert series. Really good tech and it worked flawlessly even being over 7 or 8 years old I think. I would not mind owning one of their full range amps though.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
How is it recommended to run a single sub off the DSP? I linked the two channels and selected both inputs and I get great bass. Selecting an input on each channel is much less.

1589997636912.jpeg

·
Registered
57 Posts
How is it recommended to run a single sub off the DSP? I linked the two channels and selected both inputs and I get great bass. Selecting an input on each channel is much less.

View attachment 269668 View attachment 269668
That’s how I did it. Assign a channel linked add a low pass filter and send that to the sub amp(s).

Edit: Actually I see now what you are doing. I’m assuming You’re splitting left and right inputs between 1 and 2? If you assign only source 1 or only source 2 it’s less preamp signal. Correct? If you’re not touching your amp gain when assigning less channels then there’s less signal to amplify

1281 - 1300 of 1348 Posts