DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1364 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not only is there no control of signal under 20hz, but you cannot defeat or bypass the 20hz highpass filter. Dayton squashing my hair tricks before they even get started. The best you can do is set it to 6db/octave.
So the 20hz signal barrier is actually a high pass? How have you validated this?

Edit: I don’t use a high pass filter at all on my signal to my sub amp. But assuming that’s how the Dayton processes the signal cutoff at 20hz. Wouldn’t be better to apply a shelf filter? Have you verified in a scope with 20hz? I’m curious...

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Dayton does have a response limit down to 20hz on paper. Kinda one reason I wanted to try the deq-s1000a. Plus the deq was cheaper. No Bluetooth but it allows me to play back over usb from my iPhone in the Neutron app. The functionality and granularity of the Dayton dsp though is great compared to the pioneer. Each has its own set of limitations to offer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The Dayton does have a response limit down to 20hz on paper. Kinda one reason I wanted to try the deq-s1000a. Plus the deq was cheaper. No Bluetooth but it allows me to play back over usb from my iPhone in the Neutron app. The functionality and granularity of the Dayton dsp though is great compared to the pioneer. Each has its own set of limitations to offer.
I am trying to decide between these two dsp's, if using a factory head and mainly android auto to listen to music would you say the deq would be a better option given it has a de-eq function? I only have a small underneath sub, components with crossovers built in up front and factory rear speakers which are disconnected at the moment.

·
Premium Member
9,212 Posts
I am trying to decide between these two dsp's, if using a factory head and mainly android auto to listen to music would you say the deq would be a better option given it has a de-eq function? I only have a small underneath sub, components with crossovers built in up front and factory rear speakers which are disconnected at the moment.
I can not think of a single use case, including yours, where I would take the Pioneer over the Dayton.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you’re a pioneer fan absolutely. If you want more detailed control over your system buy a Dayton. Both kinda the same price. Both have mostly the same functions. The deq has a bunch of eq presets and feature tunings. The deq too though has that built in amp which I’m using to power two kicker 6.5s and two ct sounds mids. And honestly for under powering them they still get decently loud and sound good.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
That’s too bad. This DSP looks amazing for the price. Might just shell out little more and get the Mini DSP 6x8 since I’m always fumbling with my sub bass.

·
Registered
768 Posts
That’s too bad. This DSP looks amazing for the price. Might just shell out little more and get the Mini DSP 6x8 since I’m always fumbling with my sub bass.
Did you see the word, "presets" ? You can set up 6 different tune presets in the phone app and toggle thru them with the remote. You could label one BASS UP and one normal and one BASS DOWN and still 3 more.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i saw, i saw! But messing with my phone while driving isnt the best move. My taste in music varies widely so reaching for a volume knob for the sub bass is more appealing is all. i have an Audison VRX mono amp that has optional bass knob but its not easy to find. If i find one on ebay still might go for the Dayton but its coming down to install time soon so i need to decide soon...

·
Registered
57 Posts
i saw, i saw! But messing with my phone while driving isnt the best move. My taste in music varies widely so reaching for a volume knob for the sub bass is more appealing is all. i have an Audison VRX mono amp that has optional bass knob but its not easy to find. If i find one on ebay still might go for the Dayton but its coming down to install time soon so i need to decide soon...
I use a genetic rca bass knob for the signal to the Amp. They're like 10 dollars on Amazon. You can get fancy ones for 75.00 and up if you want too.

·
Registered
768 Posts
No you still didn't get it. You set it all up on your phone or PC/laptop, then you change presets with the remote. No need to be on the phone while driving.
I agree tho. A bass VOLUME knob, not a bass BOOST knob, connected to your sub amp, is the way to go. I have both the DSP remote and a bass volume knob.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
No you still didn't get it. You set it all up on your phone or PC/laptop, then you change presets with the remote. No need to be on the phone while driving.
I agree tho. A bass VOLUME knob, not a bass BOOST knob, connected to your sub amp, is the way to go. I have both the DSP remote and a bass volume knob.
only reason i wasnt going that direction was i read the remote introduced noise... that issue of course could have been ironed out by now. Thanks for the tips regardless. you got me on team Dayton now! the app is super easy to use.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is it possibly to have the DSP-408 connected both Hi & Low input, the high-level input being the factory headunit (this is the radio, and cd player), and the low input is solely a high quality DAP connected to the DSP-408.

Would the DSP-408 knows how to switch between the input sources?

·
Listener of Music
3,567 Posts
Yes it's possible but you would have to assign presets with preferred source.

1321 - 1340 of 1364 Posts