1341 - 1360 of 1364 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks, that's great to know

·
Listener of Music
3,586 Posts
I just checked the app. I see what you mean. Maybe messing with the input mixer. Put the high level on 1&2 and low level on 3&4. Turn the mixer of for the respective input/presets.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
any way to set the remote control to only adjust the sub amp volume?
no, but you can put an RCA fader inline with the dayton and amp. what I did and makes a great sub bass level adjuster

Reactions: lucas569

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Did you see the word, "presets" ? You can set up 6 different tune presets in the phone app and toggle thru them with the remote. You could label one BASS UP and one normal and one BASS DOWN and still 3 more.
this is not a great solution for adjusting bass onthe fly. I find that I make tiny adjustments from one artists to another and this would be set amounts. I wouldnt like it.

plus when you change presets it takes about 3-4 secs to do it.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I don’t see how to select Hi or Low inputs in the software, just inputs 1-4...

Are you sure this is possible with the Dayton?
RCA and high level inputs are the same. use one or the other NOT both on the same channel

you can have an RCA input on some channels and high level on others.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Figured I didn't want to start another thread about this little gem, I'm super impressed for the price. I have only used it in my home stereo but the quick tuning session I did using REW auto EQ has everything sounding much bettter. I mostly needed to tame my highs which has resulted in much better detail and imaging.

If anyone's on the fence I'd highly recommend it for the price. PE has a 60-day return policy if you don't like it but if you don't need more than 8 RCA outs it seems like a no-brainer to me

·
Registered
2018 F150
131 Posts
Looking to reduce my sub output from 40hz-80hz to even out freq response. Any tips on some filter settings and what Q to use? Its really flat from 40-80 and just want to bring that 40-80 range down about 10db to match my output from 20-40. Thanks in advance!

·
Listener of Music
3,586 Posts
But really use a eq band at at 60 drag it down to -6 and set the q about 1.5. Start there and tweak as needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sure this is possible but wouldn't mind if someone more knowledgable could help.

My headunit has 4 RCA's(Front/Rear), then a single mono connection for the sub.
My plan is to run the front/rear rca's to the 4 inputs on the dsp for "High's and Mids".

My question is this, for my sub amp, can I simply wire rca's from the dsp output to the sub amp? Then just use the dsp to tune the sub settings and completely bypass the headunit?

·
Listener of Music
3,586 Posts
You only need one set of RCA's if your not using the fader. You normally wouldn't if your using time alignment. One of, if not both RCA's will be full range.

Then use the DSP to route what ever signal to whatever output you want.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm sure this is possible but wouldn't mind if someone more knowledgable could help.

My plan is to run the front/rear rca's to the 4 inputs on the dsp for "High's and Mids".

My question is this, for my sub amp, can I simply wire rca's from the dsp output to the sub amp? Then just use the dsp to tune the sub settings and completely bypass the headunit?
Yup!

·
Registered
62 Posts

Absolutely. Just use one (or two) of the DSP RCA outputs as your sub channel, then use the mixer for that channel(s) to bring in a L/R signal from front or rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You only need one set of RCA's if your not using the fader. You normally wouldn't if your using time alignment. One of, if not both RCA's will be full range.

Then use the DSP to route what ever signal to whatever output you want.
Good point! I never thought about that, I've never used the fader function don't see myself using it now... Running one set of RCA's sounds much better to me. Thanks for that recommendation, adding a DSP is a bit new territory for me.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Looking to reduce my sub output from 40hz-80hz to even out freq response. Any tips on some filter settings and what Q to use? Its really flat from 40-80 and just want to bring that 40-80 range down about 10db to match my output from 20-40. Thanks in advance!
That seems like it may be a low frequency output deficiency or a null or room resonance. You're unlikely to fix something like that with eq.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
On second thought, that's likely to just be a deficiency in output below 40 hz, a null or a resonance would be much more narrow. Is this in a house or car?

·
Registered
2018 F150
131 Posts
On second thought, that's likely to just be a deficiency in output below 40 hz, a null or a resonance would be much more narrow. Is this in a house or car?
Car. Its my box design I think. I have a new sub amp coming today so I put everything on hold.

·
Registered
2018 F150
131 Posts
Got the new amp in. How do you tune your subs? Freq generator and do levels at 25hz, 30hz, etc? Freq sweep?

And sorry to flood with questions. I have one more! My dayton mutes the signal too early. If Im listening to talk radio I need the vol up or it mutes. Full range music and it does fine. When tuning, I need to bump the vol to get it to unmute. My sub doesnt unmute until 120db if Im doing test tones (rew, umik shows 120db).

I may have to buy a line level converter. Im using full range high level inputs from stock head unit.

1341 - 1360 of 1364 Posts