DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have not but have researched these from time to time over the years. A hot deal at this price for sure. Keep in mind the 'HF' needs at least 2x the enclosure size as the 'HO' according to WinISD. Both are more SQ oriented.

But yea, the HF in 1cuft will give you around .7 QTC but doesn't take much power at all to go over xmax. A good low power SQ sub IMO.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think at this price.. I would have no reservations when picking up two of these subwoofers.. And then you can get very good SQ and SPL when necessary.. WinISD shows two of these will take 500watts of power before reaching xmax at 20Hz in a sealed box. The only problem is that I already have a nice subwoofer (i think). 12 inch infinity kappa 120.9w. Will these be night and day improvement?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think at this price.. I would have no reservations when picking up two of these subwoofers.. And then you can get very good SQ and SPL when necessary.. WinISD shows two of these will take 500watts of power before reaching xmax at 20Hz in a sealed box. The only problem is that I already have a nice subwoofer (i think). 12 inch infinity kappa 120.9w. Will these be night and day improvement?
What kind airspace are you working with? Where is your ying yang in terms of SQ vs SPL?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts