DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a weird issue with my Dayton processor and can't figure it out. It'll play fine for about a minute or so then begins to have a loud whine and the remote starts going a little berzerk. I've attached a short video of the remote freaking out.

Any help on what's going on would be appreciated.Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 20200115_131838.mp4

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
You bought it brand new? Dayton has an excellent warranty. Unless it needs an update and connections are solid, I'd just get it replaced.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
Good luck updating it. PC's at home and work all identify the update as viruses. Yes, more than 1.
that is just because they dont have a security cert. just make an execption and update.

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
I'm having a weird issue with my Dayton processor and can't figure it out. It'll play fine for about a minute or so then begins to have a loud whine and the remote starts going a little berzerk. I've attached a short video of the remote freaking out.

Any help on what's going on would be appreciated.Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 20200115_131838.mp4

does it still do it if you disconnect the remote?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't tried with disconnecting the remote yet. Going to give it another go and re-wire everything in the back, a little more simplified this time.

I hooked up my mini-dsp and when I connected it to the laptop it would connect and disconnect constantly so maybe my relay is the issue?

Had some beers and dinner, maybe things will clear up now....lol

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wish I knew what that means. I do know Windows 10 SUCKS.
It just means it isn't certified by Microsoft, like most software out there. It's no big deal, just always know your source. I haven't run anti virus on any of my Windows machines in 15 years and have had no problems. But I'm not clicking on every shiny flashy button or link I see on my screen like most people do, either.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks. Pain in the ass to take out and bring in and reattach/reconnect. I might soon if anyone can tell me if there is anything good to be had with an update. Any idea ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks. Pain in the ass to take out and bring in and reattach/reconnect. I might soon if anyone can tell me if there is anything good to be had with an update. Any idea ?
Update it. Do not remove it. There is nothing wrong with the hardware. It's always a software issue. Unless you dropped it on the kitchen floor.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I haven't found any bugs to be dealt with while using it. I don't have a laptop to plug into it. I would have to take it out and into the house.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Something is/went corrupt. It's a fact of digital life. The same reason I can take a 15 year old spinning drive that mommy dearest loaded up with digital disease and barely even boots, then reformat, load a fresh OS and back to new again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Until someone can tell me what it is about the software that is corrupt, I shall leave well enough alone. Seems to be working flawlessly.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Not sure why I was under the impression you had a faulty unit, but your plan sounds great.
I think you were confusing the OP with F150Man. :)

However, the OP should probably try updating the firmware / resetting the unit since he is having an issue.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts