DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my dsp back late 2018 the LW crossover and the BW crossover sounded way different now since I updated my dayton firmware both sound similar specially on the sub with the LW crossover sounding a lil louder at the crossover point when it suppose to be 6db down at that point whats going on...?:confused:

· Registered
2001 Mazda Familia
102 Posts
When I first got my dsp back late 2018 the LW crossover and the BW crossover sounded way different now since I updated my dayton firmware both sound similar specially on the sub with the LW crossover sounding a lil louder at the crossover point when it suppose to be 6db down at that point whats going on...?:confused:
Upgrades change things, have you measured the system to see what its doing? I also use a dayton and haven't had that issue.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upgrades change things, have you measured the system to see what its doing? I also use a dayton and haven't had that issue.
Did u upgrade the firmware to the latest one?I measured the voltage drop @ crossover point on both LR and BW 24db slope and they are similar which it shouldnt be so.....ill try to find my back up firmware and see if i can revert back to how it was b4...

· Registered
2001 Mazda Familia
102 Posts
Did u upgrade the firmware to the latest one?I measured the voltage drop @ crossover point on both LR and BW 24db slope and they are similar which it shouldnt be so.....ill try to find my back up firmware and see if i can revert back to how it was b4...
Yup, latest firmware on. Try the revert and see what happens. I just saw you got yours in 2018, mine is a "newer" one, got it 2019.

· Registered
2001 Mazda Familia
102 Posts
Would be good. Saw this from 2019:
The new DSP-408 firmware update is now available for download and here's a link to an instructional video to properly install the update:

How to Update your DSP-408!

A link to the update is located on the "More Info" section below the video.

This update is also available on Parts Express DSP-408 webpage.

This firmware corrects the crossover slope issues that some were experiencing.

The newest software addresses an error message bug and a high shelf filter issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.