DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor that Dayton is going to be coming out with some new RS speakers. Like dvc and unshielded midbass drivers...any validity?

·
Registered
531 Posts
it's going to be awhile. :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I read over on ECA that they are finalizing some details on the 6 & 7" unshielded 4ohm... so those may be the 1st to show up & the 8" to follow...

·
2,516 Posts
I emailed Parts Express and they said: "There will be some 4-ohm, non-shielded versions in a couple months. They'll sort of be dressed up as car audio drivers, but are essentially the same in construction as the regular ones."

·
Registered
221 Posts
Does unshieled = "debucked"? So that the driver will be maybe be ~2.5" deep (7" version)?

Be nice if they'd stay around $40 too.

·
Registered
989 Posts
That was the whole thing, having them without the second magnet. I think the mounting depth of the unshielded 7" was more than 2.5" though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
the debucked 7" is 2 7/8" deep. dayton should have done this long ago but probably never expected so much demand from the car audio community. the debucked versions should be cheaper in terms of shipping costs (lighter) and actual build cost (no extra shield or magnet). im really looking forward to them, sounds like they're gonna 'dress' them up a bit, i hope this doesn't add too much to the cost, they should cost LESS than the originals.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
As long as "dressing" them up doesn'd include slapping on a Mondo magnet to increase sales to car audio people who shop by magnet!

Chad

·
Registered
693 Posts
i cant wait til they get them out. i already have enough crap for 2 complete systems...but i'd like a Dayton front stage in the near future. :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
300Z said:
I would prefer that no cosmetic changes were made at all...
Agreed... They look just fine... for those that need bling there is always Audibahn to get yo flame on....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts