DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Aaron,

I've got "car" versions on order as we speak, with quantity expected towards the
end of January. 4 ohm, no bucking magnet, parameters optimized for slightly
smaller enclosures than the standard RS 8". Should indeed work quite well in
that Mustang enclosure.

If you want to know anything else, just let me know!

Have a great Thanksgiving,

Darren Kuzma
Product Manager-- Speakers

Not as soon as I'd hoped, but good to hear anyway.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Infinity said:
Hello Aaron,

I've got "car" versions on order as we speak, with quantity expected towards the
end of January. 4 ohm, no bucking magnet, parameters optimized for slightly
smaller enclosures than the standard RS 8". Should indeed work quite well in
that Mustang enclosure.

If you want to know anything else, just let me know!

Have a great Thanksgiving,

Darren Kuzma
Product Manager-- Speakers

Not as soon as I'd hoped, but good to hear anyway.

So the RS225(8") is going to be avalible? Originally I thought I read only the 6" and 7" models were going to be made avalible in car versions. If RS225 is on the list that is great news to me since that is the size I am looking for.
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on my order yesterday...these will be worth waiting for even after the free shipping has ended.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I was specifically asking about the 8. I have a new Mustang with 8" enclosures stock in the doors.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Sweet, it's about time.... On to another redesign.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Great, I have been waiting for these to run against the Peerless cscx 6.5" Autosound driver, which is also 4 ohm version. I imagine the price point is the same or maybe even less as the manufacturing costs are lower...and shipping weights as well...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm hoping to see basically the entire line save for the tweets. If they can get the size down on those, we're in business. I'd like to go from the 8 to the dome midrange to the tweet. A pair of 12"HF IB in the rear deck and I think I'd be covered.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
sweet, just so sweet

·
Registered
144 Posts
whys every one care if they are 4ohm. because 8ohm drivers are just as loud :rolleyes: :p (hard to be sarcastic when typing)

·
Registered
584 Posts
This has got to be the sweetest thing I've heard all week. Now if they only made them debucked, I'd be 10x happier.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
sephiroth619 said:
This has got to be the sweetest thing I've heard all week. Now if they only made them debucked, I'd be 10x happier.
I dont see why they wouldnt since PE is making the mids from the RS line without the bucking mag and its 4 ohms. And I do think its also a 6.5" and a 7.0" driver....unless I am thinking of something else?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The car line won't have the bucking magnets, and it should encompass the entire plethora of sizes.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Infinity said:
The car line won't have the bucking magnets, and it should encompass the entire plethora of sizes.
Thats what I thought...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts