DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so far the 12HO apparently works well in .5-.65cf sealed. what would the 12HF's like? modeled on winisd was like 1.9cf.

10HO? 10HF?

all are sealed requirements only.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
someone must have some idea... i emailed PE at the beginning of the week and havent heard back from em yet

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
from bassbx pro version 6.02 (partsexpress program)

the HF 10" SEALED ONLY

a) 0.85 cubic feet sealed NO polyfill
b) 0.46 cu ft with HEAVY polyfill

THE HO 10" SEALED ONLY

a) 0.3 cu ft NO FILL
b) 0.173 cu ft HEAVY FILL

if you want ported let me know

·
Registered
584 Posts
newtitan, do you know if the bassbx pro version 6.02 program can give box recommendations to 7" and 8" woofers?

I downloaded the latest one on pe.com but it doesnt seem to work on anything other than subs above 10".

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
newtitan said:
from bassbx pro version 6.02 (partsexpress program)

the HF 10" SEALED ONLY

a) 0.85 cubic feet sealed NO polyfill
b) 0.46 cu ft with HEAVY polyfill

THE HO 10" SEALED ONLY

a) 0.3 cu ft NO FILL
b) 0.173 cu ft HEAVY FILL

if you want ported let me know
My god... that makes me want some 10HO's up front in doors for sub setup. .2cf with lots of fill. have them play up to 150hz maybe... gonna give it some thought

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
as far as I know the software will work on any driver

I modeled my peerless exclusive 8's and it gave me the exact box size that madisound/peerless recommends with no fill

so id have to say yes

you cna download the updates off the htaudio website

http://www.ht-audio.com/

and yeah its cool how the HO versions work in such small boxes

im serioulsy considered going all out, and redoing my entire door pods and dropping some HF versions in the doors lol for midbass since they model out to 500hz easy

not sure I could compete with that much midbass but it would look samazing Id imagine lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
kappa546 said:
Huh?? What?!

Oh yes... 2 please :)

I have been thinking of 2 10" in my Saturn doors too... found the panels to modify @ a junk yard to do it... Although I would probably opt for the HF if I get around to do it...

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Call the PE Tech Dept. I did and they recommended 0.25-0.5 ft sealed for the HO. Emailing takes them forever to respond, a phone call and your done in 10 minutes...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yikes, wish there was an 8" HO. I got a pair of ho 10s for my gf's ride. I may stick them in a small temp enclosure and see how well they would work for a midbass driver. Any input?

Planning on a pair of sound splinter 12s with about 2400 watts to replace my HO 12s.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Stumbo said:
Planning on a pair of sound splinter 12s with about 2400 watts to replace my HO 12s.
Which one the RLI, RLP or the new one? Why are you swapping? Not enough output on the HO?

·
Registered
61 Posts
AzGrower said:
Which one the RLI, RLP or the new one? Why are you swapping? Not enough output on the HO?
The RLP. The daytons are killer subs, but i kinda want to start doing stereo installs on the side (high end active diy installs), and I want to blow people away with a badass sql system. On top of that, i have a spare hifonics 1500watt subwoofer sitting in my garage. :D

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
racerraul said:
Huh?? What?!

Oh yes... 2 please :)

I have been thinking of 2 10" in my Saturn doors too... found the panels to modify @ a junk yard to do it... Although I would probably opt for the HF if I get around to do it...
y choose the hf over ho?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Stumbo said:
The RLP. The daytons are killer subs, but i kinda want to start doing stereo installs on the side (high end active diy installs), and I want to blow people away with a badass sql system. On top of that, i have a spare hifonics 1500watt subwoofer sitting in my garage. :D
Curious! What SPL levels have you measured with the HO's?

·
Registered
202 Posts
x3

(dredge)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts