DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
they dont look too bad.

but they look like they would have to be crossed quite low and not much xmax.
for 17 bucks they look like a bargain if you could maybe use it in a 3 way.

at least the response graph doesnt show much breakup till after 2khz but i wonder what that dip in response after 1khz does audibly.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I was playing around with those mids when doing some designing for my HT setup. They do have to be crossed quite low. In fact even the 5 1/4" driver needs to be crossed over at around 2.2k. They do get nice and low though, reiterating Icewall's point about being a good budget driver for a 3 way setup.

The dip at 1k will be compensated for in an HT setup due to baffle step diffraction. So, it's not that big a deal.

If your looking to do an extreme budget 3-way, these would be a great start.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm using one for a computer subwoofer. It's in around .5 cubes, tuned to 35hz if memory serves me. F3 is about 50hz due to the too-small enclosure. I'm very happy with the sound quality of this driver in this application. The bass is clean and tight. If this clean quality carries through the midrange area, I would expect this driver to be a very good performer. Hopefully I'll build something with them soon.

Oh... Audio Express tested the Parts Express MTM that uses these woofers and they had some very good things to say about them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.