DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the opinions on Dayton RS150 / RS125 or one of the Peerless drivers in kickpanels. All I need it to do is ~80-200hz. Any other suggestions on a good midbass?

thanks,

>^..^<

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
In that frequency range, I'd use the door instead of the kick panel if at all possible.

The Dayton RS125 and probably even the 150 will not do much at 80hz anyway, but certainly not cramped in a kick panel.

I'd use a bigger driver in the door if you can.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Unfortunately BMW doesn't use door speakers in the E34. I'm not opposed to modifications to get a suitable enclosure at the kickpanel. I am not happy about having to use the kickpanels ....I'd MUCH rather keep the mids / tweeters as close together as possible (including the midbass) ....at least in the kickpanels the PLD's are better. I was hoping to avoid this speaker totally ....but I can't get a 2" or 2.5" to play down to ~80hz. :( Actually I will most likely be running them 100-200hz @ 18db slope on both ends.

I have also considered the Peerless SLS / SDS 6.5" as well.

>^..^<

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
You won't get any midbass from a small kick panel enclosure.

If you limit the driver to midrange frequencies that will work ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.