DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a db poweramp reference user, and I absolutely haven't taken the time to really learn the ins and outs of getting the most out of the software. My question to you all, is when converting a flac file for iTunes, if storage is not an issue, would it be better to convert to WAV format or Apple Lossless? They are both compatible with my iPhone and Pioneer deh80prs. WAV format is always 1411kbps where as Apple Lossless is anywhere from about 800-1200 usually.

Second, are there any tricks or good things to do or add when converting the flac files? Like is there a dsp setting(s) that I should use everytime to make the quality better?

Pretty much just seeing what everyone does with dbpoweramp to see if theres something I'm missing. I just convert to Applelossless with proper id tagging and know dsp settings. Which I know I could be using to my advantage so hopefully someone here can point me in a better direction

thanks

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Probably Apple Lossless. It's going to be smaller, but I think more importantly is that it supports tagging which I can't live without.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you only have the trial version? When I convert to wav it carries all the ID tagging over to iTunes, but didn't when I used the free version. Also, do you had any dsp settings or just leave it how it is ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I keep all my music as FLAC on the PC for home/work use. Use foobar or J.River media center for playback.

Then I have a copy of everything in AAC 256 kbits (lossy) for car and phone use. I CAN hear how bad mp3 is on certain tracks, but not on AAC. Much less so when I don't do critical listening while hiking or driving.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
AIFF is what I use for archiving. Uncompressed lossless that allows full tagging and iTunes accepts it without issue. Many times when ripping or converting, I'll send the albums through tag&rename to fix any holes in the id3. With storage bring as inexpensive as it is these days, saving a few kb with flac is pointless. Flac is still not as widely accepted as it should be for everyone to be lusting over it like they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts