DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my dcx2496 today. Does anyone have a source for a good conversion kit, preferably diy, that would make this a great tool for the mobile environment?

Thanks

The rest of my system is an alpine 9847 with (2) monitor audio 120's for tweet and midbass, a us amp to power my current JL 12w6 which will be changing to either a ascendent audio atlas 12 or 15.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I didn't have a good experience with that power supply...

·
Registered
63 Posts
goskers I had the same issues and asked an EE named juan polk if he would build me an isolated power supply for the behringer this is what he said in response to my email
"It may be practical or more economic to purchase a larger or more powerful unit (he is talking about an inverter)because the larger units have a provision for “power-on” enable. You will not need too much power to supply the Behringer unit, but a 100W-120V unit has better interconnect setups.

In which the converter powers up when the ignition switch is engaged to either the “acc” or “run” position. This means that you do not have to switch a high current load using a relay or transistor switch."

Hope this helps you - I am still trying to find a quality unit myself.

·
****ty D.I.Y. installer
71 Posts
Cheapboy...

Any guess when your power supply will be ready to go? I want to use this processor. Seems like it may be the last one I'd ever have to buy at a good price!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got around to searching for a decent PS to run the dcx2496. I looked at most ac-dc converters available and most seem to produce a modified sine wave. it am not sure how the behringer unit will react to that so I looked until I found a pure sine wave unit. This is all I could come up with:

http://www.mpja.com/power_supply/DC_AC_Converters/150W_WATT_SINEWAVE_INVERTER_12828_PS.asp

It is about double the price of the modified sine wave units but that is minor in the end.

If anyone can comment on these units please do.

npdang: what are you using??

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I am using Rob M's power supply... but it was so horribly noisy that it was practically unusable. I purchased a navone isolated 12v ps which in combination with Rob's took care of the problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Speaking of the 2496 I just got mine in today and I thought wow this is kind of heavy. I opened the box up and I could have sworn they stuck a bible in there- that is one of the biggest manuals I've ever seen. Has anyone read through it yet?

·
Registered
63 Posts
goskers, good lookout by the way on the pure sign wave inverter, the lowest I found was 179.00 I think I might go that route, have you ordered one yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not yet, i will probably get around to that today.

i also received some raammat 60 yesterday. didn't open the wrapper to inspect but it is fairly heavy.

the bible included in the dcx2496 is not really important. the english language version was an add-on with mine so i think the big book is not important. i had the exact same initial reaction when i lifted the box.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I want a fully active digital four way setup so ordered two 9624's yesterday:) Power supplies will be made for it, will review them here when they arrive!
Rick

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Lol that's pretty good :)

I've got a 110v and a 12v version here and I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got my system together and running this weekend. I am running a pure sinewave power inverter off a relay for turn-on purposes. The terrible part is that there is an extreme amount of noise coming through. I will have to look or wait for a new power supply to come about as npdang thinks it is the power supply pouring noise into my system.

If anyone knows of somewhere else that may sell an isolated power supply that will work please let me know. I beleive npdang is designing one as we speak for car use and the 2496. We should all try to encourage him as much as possible :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts