a donar amp? say a small 2 channel

whats dc voltage is reqired for the dcx

:cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NE one?

I have an old apm lying around its got 15v-0-15v PS.
I could just Unhook the output satage and use PS dc voltage?

Whats causing the noise on these units when using an Inverter?

·
Registered
122 Posts
you need 3.3v, 5v, 9v, and +/-15v. The 9v is just to supply the old 7805 regs on the dsp board for analog power. If you have a clean 5v supply already, then you can skip the 9v, and just desolder the 7805's, and add jumpers. Its not cheap to make an isolated drop in supply, as the 9v is pretty hungry becuase of those regs. A non-isolated supply is cake though, and you should be able to make one in a few hours time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive looked into your posts. very ambitious.
I such a newb to all this digital stuf, so its a bit over my head.
I would just like to get it working in the car?
Do you have any info on getting the ps working without any noise?

And if someone can fill me in on all this digital talk? Or at least a starting point.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
To completely eliminate all the noise from the cars electrical system, you need to physicaly decouple the power supply from the car by creating an independant pseudo ground. You can do this with a smps, or an isolated power supply unit, or design a discrete isolated power supply. Buying an isolated 12v power supply, then dividing your various voltages is the fastest answer to a noise free supply, but the unit alone will cost atleast $60, but more realistly $80, then you still need to design the rest of the power supply. It is very expensive to do in low volume. My new boards will come stock with an opamp that will run hapily on +/-12v, so i wont need the additional 15v supplies. I do have an isolated adjustable bipolar supply available for hungry opamps that can feed up to 21v, but its not a cheap addition either. I am waiting for my boards to come back from india to do final testing, and then will release my power supplies for use with these boards.
Thanks
Hans

1 - 10 of 10 Posts