DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I just received my RS180 from P.E.I only bought one to see if I can actually get the shielding off,well I did.After 20 mins. I got it all off,sorry no pix b/c the digi cams' battery needed to be charged.Ironically I was redoing the baffles & doing some deadening ,when I went to reinstall the ID mid I accidently put a hole in the surround & damaged the dust cap some.I then hooked it up & played it,the driver sounded like crap.My question is will these Daytons play well with my ID NX30 tweeters(ofcourse actively)?...The tweets are located by the door handle(just below the sail panel) & mids are in the stock door location.BTW I'll post pix when the cam is ready.Thnx in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
If you can bring that tweeter down to 2k I don't see why you couldn't make them work for you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
yup..theyll play together!

its just up to your tuning abilities to make it sound good.. unless you broke the speaker(s)...

try the Dayton at 1.5'ish (khz) on 12db with the tweet at 3'ish (khz) on 12db.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
Send the driver to Image, they should be able to repair it for $15
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
10K2HVN said:
yup..theyll play together!

its just up to your tuning abilities to make it sound good.. unless you broke the speaker(s)...

try the Dayton at 1.5'ish (khz) on 12db with the tweet at 3'ish (khz) on 12db.
why 1.5khz for the Dayton mid? it can play higher than that without problems... i've been using mine up to 2.2khz without any problems and nobody have ever said a bad thing about my midrange...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
300Z said:
why 1.5khz for the Dayton mid? it can play higher than that without problems... i've been using mine up to 2.2khz without any problems and nobody have ever said a bad thing about my midrange...
Dude your midrange sux... specially coming out off-camber corners... I think you should lower your xOver point, to see if your midrange improves... J/K :D

Actually, having heard Leo's car often enough... The RS180 should have no issues up to 2k if nessesary in your application...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
racerraul said:
Dude your midrange sux... specially coming out off-camber corners...
LOL oh yeah... specially when i lift the inside wheel... so nice... :p ;) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thnx everybody for the replies,gonna buy a second RS180 & give it a try.I'm on vacation next week so I'll have some time on my hands to mess with this stuff.thnx again all
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top