DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a rumble bee and is trying to keep a 6x9 woofer in the front door.. wants to step up to something a little higher quality. Depth is a bit of an issue.

I know the tang band neo will fit, however, the frequency response doesn't look very promising and I have seen mention of it being a bad woofer for an IB setup in a door. He will be running a sub so this will be there for midbass and midrange.

Thanks!

Evan

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
JBL MS9200 MARINE AUDIO/STEREO 6X9" SPEAKERS SYSTEM/SET - eBay (item 330338930510 end time Jun-21-09 17:30:12 PDT)

Warranty one year
General
Power Handling, RMS 100 Watts
Power Handling, Peak 300 Watts RMS
Frequency Response (±3dB) 50Hz - 21kHz
Sensitivity 91dB
Mounting Depth 2-9/16"

Marine Series
MS9200

6" x 9" 2-Way Marine Speaker with integrated grille assembly, Polypropylene Woofer Cone, Polypropylene dome-tweeter, cast-polymer Basket and sealed Motor structure.

The JBL MS9200 marine loudspeaker was designed specifically for marine applications. A waterproof motor structure, sealed cones, and integrated grilles ensure that these speakers will stay alfoat for years.

Sealed magnet structure protects the motor structure from water.

One-piece cast-polymer basket holds up, even after excessive exposure to sun and salt.

Grille-mounted tweeter allows JBL to seal the front of the woofer cone, protecting the motor structure from sea spray and washdowns.

Rubber surrounds outlast foam and offer superior cone-edge suspension.

Stainless-steel mounting hardware included.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have some gently used MB Quart 6x9 woofers from the 2-way kit if you want. Sitting in the garage, would go cheap. Made for R deck, so IB intended.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I was at CES earlier this I saw Cadence Audio's cvlw-69 6x9 midbass woofer. Never heard it just saw it. Cadencesound.com looks like you'll have to make a spacer. If the dodge has the amplified system all you get is bass anyway so standard 2 or 3 way won't make a difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts